New Eggland Fest - Brentwood, NH

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Saturday, I drove an hour up to Brentwood, NH yesterday to visit my dear friend and barbecue celebrity Ray Lampe (aka DrBBQ) and his wonderful fiance, Sandi Graham, at an event featuring The Big Green Egg ceramic cookers (Ross in Ventura, you would have been in heaven!)

I mostly stayed at Dr.BBQ's site to visit with him and Sandi, so I missed talking pictures of a lot of other stuff cooked on Eggs that day , e.g. apricots and apple slices wrapped in bacon, coconut shrimp, ribs, kebobs, gooey chocolate cake, Symphony brownies, and many, many more strange and wonderful things.

What impressed me most about the BGE was the fact that Ray cooked on one Egg from about 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. , off and on for 6 hours, sometimes cooking with the lid open, sometimes closed, and never refueled with charcoal! And the last cheeseburgers he cooked were as beautifully seared as the first items he cooked on that grill! Amazing!

I'll try to load these pictures in some sort of logical order, and add captions, but I've never been great at that.

Enjoy!

Lee

Edited to say that I can't figure out how to post captions AFTER I've posted the message.

Some of the photos are views of the Eggfest, the Eggfest t-shirt logo, Dr. BBQ leaning over his prep, chicken salad sliders, chicken wings, ground turkey with cheese and jalapeno sliders, mustard green and cheese-stuffed mushrooms, pork chops , porterhouse steaks, ending with me, Dr.BBQ and his fiance, Sandi.

Attachments

• Eggfest view 1.JPG
    Eggfest view 1.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Eggfest view 2.JPG
    Eggfest view 2.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Eggfest view 4.JPG
    Eggfest view 4.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Lines at Dr. BBQ's tent.JPG
    Lines at Dr. BBQ's tent.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DrBBQ.JPG
    DrBBQ.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Eggfest t-shirt logo.JPG
    Eggfest t-shirt logo.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Chicken salad sliders.JPG
    Chicken salad sliders.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Chicken wings with green onions.JPG
    Chicken wings with green onions.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Ground turkey-cheese-jalapeno sliders.JPG
    Ground turkey-cheese-jalapeno sliders.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 28
  • Turkey sliders, cooked.JPG
    Turkey sliders, cooked.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Hot wings.JPG
    Hot wings.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Pres. of NEBS and Damn Dip.JPG
    Pres. of NEBS and Damn Dip.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Michele and Sully with ABT's.JPG
    Michele and Sully with ABT's.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Mushrooms stuffed with mustard greens and cheese.JPG
    Mushrooms stuffed with mustard greens and cheese.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Pork chops, cooked.JPG
    Pork chops, cooked.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Porterhouse steaks.JPG
    Porterhouse steaks.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Lee, Ray, Sandi at BGE fest June '11.JPG
    Lee, Ray, Sandi at BGE fest June '11.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks for the pictures. Mustard green and cheese stuffed mushrooms, that's a new one on me! Looks like you had a great trip.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice pics Lee, thanks for sharing :)
..and might I say, you are looking tanned, fit and lovely :smile:

abi_csi

Wow, this place looks really good. And the food you've listed that you tried sounds really nice, coconut shrimps particularly. The Big Green Egg sounds brilliant and cooks for such a long time. I'm looking forward to the annual food festival we have here this summer. Hope to get some good pics and some recipes.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Definitely post some pictures for us, abi!

Just wanted to point out that the woman in the black jersey in my pictures, in the two pictures after the messy platter of hot wings, is Michele Taft, the President of the New England Barbecue Society (NEBS).

I believe that Michele is the first female President of NEBS, and she is absolutely terrific!

Lee