Thread tags

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I don't know if everyone knows this, but when you create a thread there is a tags box right under the window you type in. I have been told tags help make us more 'searchable' on the Net.
So, I thought it would be a good idea, with all these recipes being posted, if we put tags on em? For an example see Mama's Glazed Salmon post. Even if you just repeat the recipe title in the tag it helps, but putting in key words is best.
What do you guys think?

Calicolady

Mav, thanks for the edumacation. I never knew what that meant.
Still not sure what it means either, but I give it a wing and a whirl.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Good question. You could go back to your thread and see if you can edit it. If so, you might be able to add the tags.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
You can go back and edit but I wish someone like Keltin could capture a picture and show what, where and how.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
You can go back and edit but I wish someone like Keltin could capture a picture and show what, where and how.

*Hint, hint, hint*!!!! :yum:

Unfortunately, editing a posted recipe to add tags does NOT seem to be an option. I just tried. Maybe this is something Doc can fix/add????

Edit of recipe….no Tag option.

voa9hz.jpg

Post a NEW recipe….Tags available.
30wxb2u.jpg

Last edited:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Keltin--I appreciate your talents. I had no idea what that meant or what it was for.
All right then, why is it that some people who have tried to add tags to their posts, I see a long trail and there is a little box with an x in it after their recipe title?

And can that be fixed because it is rather annoying. Thanks.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, Keltin--I appreciate your talents. I had no idea what that meant or what it was for.
All right then, why is it that some people who have tried to add tags to their posts, I see a long trail and there is a little box with an x in it after their recipe title?

And can that be fixed because it is rather annoying. Thanks.

Can you link to an example thread? Not sure I’ve seen that?

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Interesting, I see the tags fine, but I don't have the x in the box. That usually means a broken link to a picture....

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I'm not seeing those boxes at all... weird... I will report the thread and describe the problem so Doc and team can figure it out.