Original Red Roasted Cauliflower Salad

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this the other night, using just one head of cauliflower, but the whole recipe for the dressing, which I made in the little cup with my hand blender.

http://taylortakesataste.com/original-red-roasted-cauliflower-salad/

It was really good! Glad I like it, because I've been eating it over lettuce for lunches all week!

Lee

P.S. The photos below are mine.

Original Red Roasted Cauliflower Salad

Serves 8

For The Salad:
10 cups bite sized cauliflower pieces (about 2 medium heads)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon Original Red Tabasco Sauce
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups halved red grape tomatoes
1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup chopped scallions
For The Dressing:
1/3 cup drained, oil packed sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup orange juice
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon Original Red Tabasco Sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl add the cauliflower, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Original Red Tabasco, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss until all ingredients are well mixed. Empty the cauliflower on to a large baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is crisp tender. Remove the cauliflower from the oven. Set aside.

2.To make the dressing, put the sun dried tomatoes, orange juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, ketchup, 1 tablespoon. lemon juice, garlic 1 teaspoon Original Red Tabasco, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce into the work bowl of a food processor. Process until the ingredients are well blended. Set dressing aside.

3. Put the roasted cauliflower into a large bowl. Add the grape tomatoes, red bell pepper, blue cheese and scallions. Pour the dressing over the vegetables. Toss the salad with the dressing until well mixed. Serve the salad immediately or chill and serve cold.

Recipe and Tabasco Plant Pictures ©Sally James Mathis

Attachments

• 1 Blender.JPG
    1 Blender.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 2 Sauce.JPG
    2 Sauce.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 3 roasted cauliflower.JPG
    3 roasted cauliflower.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 4 Salad tossed.JPG