What have you eaten Sunday, 2/9/2020 to Saturday, 2/15/2020?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's (Top Round) London Broil, Sliced Mushrooms Sautee'd in Butter and Cabernet, Baked Russet w/ Sour Cream, Stinky Turnip Greens and the Side Salad...
Steak is just "slightly" over-done...

I could use a Sous-Chef .....

London Broil, Turnip Greens.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You really should. It's a really great dish. I use a pound of meat and 1-1/2 cups Jasmine rice, and we get dinner and breakfast the next morning for both of us.

I use the recipes at mykoreankitchen.com. I do try to break up the cooking a bit though since you cook each thing separately. I toast the sesame seeds first, then use that pan to cook the carrots in some boiling salted water, rinse pan, then use the same pan to cook the spinach, wipe out/rinse, then the mushrooms, wipe/rinse, then finally the meat later in the day when it's time for dinner, starting the rice a bit before the meat gets cooked so they finish at the same time. I prep as I go, and somewhere along the way make the marinade (tripling the recipe for 1 pound) for the meat and the bibimbap sauce, which I double as Craig likes it. I put the eggs in the sous vide this time, but they can be fried or soft boiled. Oh, and I cook the bean sprouts in the same pan I later use for the rice. So, a 2 pan meal.
It looks wonderful. Have you posted your version/recipe instructions of Bibimbap with your notes anywhere? I have the My Korean Kitchen version/recipe but yours looks much better.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Feel better, Jimmy!

This is going with me in my lunch tote for dinner tonight.
The watermelon that I had last night was particularly good.
And I love Bob Evan's food.
20200213_091239-768x768.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The three T's... tummy tipsy turvy today!
Had crackers and tea and honey, all day.

I understand Jimmy. Feel better. I have been feeling lousy for weeks. Whatever is going around just hangs on a long time. And being diabetic doesn’t help.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
It looks wonderful. Have you posted your version/recipe instructions of Bibimbap with your notes anywhere? I have the My Korean Kitchen version/recipe but yours looks much better.

I will. Thanks for the compliment. I don't use a wok but otherwise pretty much follow her recipes, though I do cook the spinach a bit differently.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I will. Thanks for the compliment. I don't use a wok but otherwise pretty much follow her recipes, though I do cook the spinach a bit differently.

you're welcome Karen.

I don't use a wok either. If I had a range made for using a wok I would use one. I use a large cast iron pan heated super hot.

Embryodad

I understand Jimmy. Feel better. I have been feeling lousy for weeks. Whatever is going around just hangs on a long time. And being diabetic doesn’t help.
I'm diabetic too. Not too high, around 98 fasting, and 130 after eating all day.
The Prednisone threw me a high of 197.
I just munched on crackers all day yesterday, and it calmed my stomach and intestinal cramps. Added some cheese for the protein.

Embryodad

Feel better, Jimmy! Thanks Sass.

This is going with me in my lunch tote for dinner tonight.
The watermelon that I had last night was particularly good.
And I love Bob Evan's food.
View attachment 35428
We love Bob Evans....especially sausage gravy on biscuits.
The closest to us was in Allentown Pa ....hahahaha
We got all dressed up in our Sunday clothes, piled in the car, and Tina took the exit,.....and 7 mouths dropped open.....they closed. ( tears )

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's Beef Frank under Sauerkraut, Mashed Yukons under Creamed Corn, Zippy Lima Beans, Sliced Cucumber under Sesame / Ginger Dressing...

Franks & Kraut.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
you're welcome Karen.

I don't use a wok either. If I had a range made for using a wok I would use one. I use a large cast iron pan heated super hot.

Well, I do use a wok for some things, just not this recipe. I use the induction burner, which gets super hot, and sometimes, if he feels like it, Craig will get out his propane burner that he uses for crawfish boils and blackening things (it gets the cast iron pan white hot, quite a thing to see BTW) and use the wok on that.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
tempura butterflied shrimp - deep fried...
final found a tempura recipe that works for me (key: rice flour)
TempuraShrimp2.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's (Top Round) London Broil, Sliced Mushrooms Sautee'd in Butter and Cabernet, Baked Russet w/ Sour Cream, Stinky Turnip Greens and the Side Salad...
Steak is just "slightly" over-done...

I could use a Sous-Chef .....

View attachment 35427

That's a great-looking dinner, LT! You have some kind of capacity for all that!

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I was at the hospital most of today. CT Scan & Thyroid
Biopsy. Dinner tonight will be something very easy.
Two Banquet Pot Pies. The small ones. a beef & a Turkey.
I tried the new Big Banquet Pot Pies. I like the little ones better.

Embryodad

Eggplant was beautiful Tina picked up.
Two nice female purple ones had no seeds except for a few in the end.
I did a flour / egg / cracker meal coating, and fried them slowly.

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those fried eggplant medallions look terrific, Jimmy! Wish I had you around to cook them for me - I hate that part!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Brown Dinner !
Air-Fried Chicken fingers, Onion Rings, Roasted Sweet Potato, Cut Green Beans, Salad, of course ...

Chicken Fingers.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had Mezzi Rigatoni (small "sewer pipes") with tomato sauce topped with Parmigiano Reggiano & Pecorino Romano cheeses.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Chicken with prosciutto and gruyere under the roasted red bell, with more gruyere on top. Craig made a pan sauce with drippings, white wine and chix broth. Roasted potatoes for a side. Dove dark chocolates and amaretto for dessert!

Attachments

• 2020-02-14 18.26.31.jpg
    2020-02-14 18.26.31.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 177

Embryodad

Those fried eggplant medallions look terrific, Jimmy! Wish I had you around to cook them for me - I hate that part!

Lee
Thanks Lee.
I love breading and frying anything. I guess it's my cast aluminum old electric skillet. I did use cracker meal. Maybe that helped it brown and cook nicely.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Asian pork belly buns with Asian carrot and radish slaw.

Attachments

• 2020-02-15 17.56.11.jpg
    2020-02-15 17.56.11.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 164

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Red Meat Saturday !
Grilled Rib Steak, Harvard Beets, Santa Fe Veggie Blend, Potato Salad...

Ribeye, Harvard, Pot. salad.jpg

Embryodad

Made Tyson chicken tenders in the air fryer, and batter dipped onion rings.
Coconut custard pie for dessert.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hub and I had stove top grilled boneless rib eye steak and steamed baby spinach for dinner last night.