Stringy beef tacos

Guts

I basically make 2 types of beef taco, one I consider to be a street taco. Which would be a corn tortilla heated over open flame, filled with Mexican Carne Asada beef with onion cilantro and pico de gallo.

Then there is stringy beef tacos. These tacos are made with brisket which has been cooked in a crock-pot for 8 – 12 hours on low in beef broth. Set aside and let cool, then string the beef and remove all fat. A note here if you pour off the broth and let it settle in the refrigerator overnight you can remove the flat from the top and pour off the broth leaving the sentiment at the bottom. I plan on making French onion soup with the broth.

Now the tacos are fresh corn tortillas filled with the stringy beef that has been defatted folded in half and fried in Manteca/lard this is a critical point in making these tacos! The flavor it adds is like nothing else. Then these tacos are usually dressed with shredded lettuce Mexican cheese and tomato also the tacos are lightly salted with fine grade salt such as popcorn salt.

The other thing you see there is a string beef quesadilla, and a fried flour tortilla with sugar and cinnamon.

Attachments

• Tacos 002.jpg
    Tacos 002.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Tacos 004.jpg
    Tacos 004.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Tacos 005.jpg
    Tacos 005.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Tacos 007.jpg
    Tacos 007.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Tacos 009.jpg
    Tacos 009.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Tacos 010.jpg
    Tacos 010.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Tacos 012.jpg
    Tacos 012.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wowwwwwwww, Guts!

That all looks spectacular!

Wish I was there!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks Great! I had what I call a soft taco for lunch today. I would have loved one of those.

Johnny West

That's what I have in mind and thanks. I like thee one in broth like what we had with lamb last weekend. :readytoeat: