8/11/2011 What's gonna be on your table?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm making more pasta sauce out of the tomatoes from the garden so it's gonna be spaghetti and meatballs, salad and homemade garlic and herb bread sticks.

What about you?

Embryodad

Thursday 11 August 2011. Whats on the Table?

Entirely clueless for supper or even lunch today!

The problem is DD is here cleaning...DW is getting antsy to work on drapes and curtains whatever....she turned off the Cooling (bad idea) and thinks the outdoor air is cool .? ? ? ? ? ? ....I don't know what planet she lives on??but I don't feel any C O O L !

I guess burgers...and There is a small baby cabbage, and a kielbasi.
that may work for today. I guess I will have to make the move to start the cooking.
I sure would like to cook the kielbasi and cabbage on the grill in a cast iron pot. HMmmmm! It would be different, and keep the cabbage fart smell outside!:bbq:

lilylove

Just about to take some venison out of the freezer. How I cook it will depend on what package I grab and the size of pieces in it.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beat ya to it Jimmy....Looks like we both had dinner on the brain at almost the same time :lol: so I merged the 2 threads.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pork chops, taters and veggies. Cooking methods and type of veggie all TBDL.

Embryodad

Beat ya to it Jimmy....Looks like we both had dinner on the brain at almost the same time :lol: so I merged the 2 threads.
OK GOOD!

Are ya ready??

Go Ahead...say it with me...
"THUMBS...TOUCH...BLUE...May Our Wish Come True!" ....... YAY!!! Hope we get our wish...

We would always touch our thumbs together and say that when someone would say the same thing together. Or think the same thing at the same time.

And Dad used to say.....(and I found out much much later what he meant)...

"Check before touching thumbs...you never know where the other thumb was before you made your wish!" ... Duh!...I would clammer!

Leni

I bought a beautiful piece of salmon that I think I'll smoke on the grill. I've got the cedar plank so I'm thinking lemon wood and cedar. Maybe.

mhend

We had an early dinner tonight: Chicken and smoked sausage gumbo. There's some rice under there somewhere. :)

DSC_0009.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Mary, that looks beautiful! Who needs rice :lol:

Leni, either one would be fine by me!

I'm making more pasta sauce out of the tomatoes from the garden so it's gonna be spaghetti and meatballs, salad and homemade garlic and herb bread sticks.

What about you?

Dinner:

Attachments

• dinner08112011-1.jpg
    dinner08112011-1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 178

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Beautiful dinners so far, Mary and Mama. Both very professional looking pics - congratulations! I'm about to go start dinner - noodles and veggies and turkey breast and something...I'll make it up as I go along.

Nancy-MD

Look familiar? I reheated yesterday's leftovers but changed it up a bit using brown gravy instead of the tomato gravy and green beans instead of cheesy corn.

Attachments

• meatloaf potatoes carrots with brown gravy 002.jpg
    meatloaf potatoes carrots with brown gravy 002.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 137

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Like Karen, I made mine up as I went along.

I ended up with orecchiette with shrimp, peas, mushrooms and toasted pine nuts in a white wine/lemon/butter sauce.

It turned out really good - we'll have it again.

Attachments

• oreccheitte 012.jpg
    oreccheitte 012.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 126

lilylove

Well...venison ended up being little scrap pieces... so I made some venison barley soup. Smells great!

homecook

All these meals look delectable! Very nice everyone! :applause:

Well I hope this works as I'm using my phone. We had grilled fish and asparagus and a baked potato.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 124

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I love leftover meatloaf Nancy...especially meatloaf sandwiches.

That's a beautiful dinner and picture SS!

Lily.....that soup sounds wonderful!

YUM on the burger Jimmy!

Barb...what did you season the fish with, it looks delicious!

Another fantastic, mouthwatering dinner thread :clap: Great dinners everyone!

homecook

I love leftover meatloaf Nancy...especially meatloaf sandwiches.

That's a beautiful dinner and picture SS!

Lily.....that soup sounds wonderful!

YUM on the burger Jimmy!

Barb...what did you season the fish with, it looks delicious!

Another fantastic, mouthwatering dinner thread :clap: Great dinners everyone!

Thanks, Mama, I melted some butter and added a couple minced garlic cloves and lemon juice...that's it. It worked out really well.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breaded pork loin chops, smashed red potatoes, mushroom pork gravy and steamed fresh broccoli.

081111_pork_chops.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, that's creative LS! What a great idea!

Peepers...I so want that smashed potatoes and gravy!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, how's this.....when we get together to make JoeV dinner (did you read his spotlight?), I'll make meatloaf and you make the mashed potatoes and gravy :w00t:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well, how's this.....when we get together to make JoeV dinner (did you read his spotlight?), I'll make meatloaf and you make the mashed potatoes and gravy :w00t:
I missed that let me go find it so I know what I am missing out on. LOL Sounds like a plan though. :yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm ready ladies. Bring it on! LOL

Everyone's dinners look great. I picked up some nice pork shoulder steaks, trimmed & deboned them and made chicken fried steak with mashed redskins & some chicken gravy I had in the freezer. I love those shoulder steaks because they stay nice and moist after frying. Sorry, we were going out right after dinner, so there are no pics.