Supper Sat 8/8/09

homecook

We will be dining on grilled dogs, brats and burgers, potato chips and corn on the cob in the woods next to a lovely river in the middle of nowhere......well almost. lol We will be on vaca at our cabin.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm gonna make Chef Curtis Stone's version of rigatoni with spicy Italian salami.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Friends coming for dinner!!

The cocktail today is the Sazerac made from sazerac rye purchased in New Orleans

First course is portebello mushrooms stuffed with shrimp and pancetta on a bed of radicchio and boston lettuce.

Dinner is braised pork bellies over sweet potato hash and roasted garlic green beans.

Dessert is a buttermilk lemon cake with blueberry ice cream

GrantsKat

Hey everybody! Long time no see!!
I have alot of leftover ham that I need to turn into something:neutral:

suggestions welcome lol:flowers:

Newnork1978

I'm craving a mean BLT (maybe for lunch, or dinner). I remember someone posting awesome pics of a BLT with romaine lettuce a couple days ago, but I can't find the post. :tongue:

buckytom

Grill Master
Hey everybody! Long time no see!!
I have alot of leftover ham that I need to turn into something:neutral:

suggestions welcome lol:flowers:

heya gk! lefty beat me to the soup idea. if not navy bean, how about split pea soup. couldn't be easier if you do it in the crock pot. lemme see if i can find my mil's recipe.

chowhound

Thanks Barb. Now help me with my dinner. I am absolutely clueless right now (lol).
I've got an inkling to hit wally world up for some frozen wings and grill some wings, but I can't say I actually have a taste for wings. Not yet anyway. Keltin's little potatoes looked nice, but I don't think I have the patience to make them tonight. And no leftover ham.... so split pea soup is out, but that sounds like something I have a taste for. Hmmm, maybe Fryboy's portobellos and pasta? Sausage?
Maybe a beer will help me decide ;^)

homecook

Thanks Barb. Now help me with my dinner. I am absolutely clueless right now (lol).
I've got an inkling to hit wally world up for some frozen wings and grill some wings, but I can't say I actually have a taste for wings. Not yet anyway. Keltin's little potatoes looked nice, but I don't think I have the patience to make them tonight. And no leftover ham.... so split pea soup is out, but that sounds like something I have a taste for. Hmmm, maybe Fryboy's portobellos and pasta? Sausage?
Maybe a beer will help me decide ;^)

Ok, Fred......you've definitely got to try this!!! It's quick and easy too. And the beer goes without sayint. :wink:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Here you go - pheassant sausages with twice baked potatoes, ratatouille (sort of) and carrots.

Attachments

• PICT0755.JPG
    PICT0755.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 138

chowhound

Pheasant sausage?
You certainly have access to some nice game meat, Ray. And I love twice baked potatoes. I don't make them nearly enough. Looks very complete.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We found then at the farmers market this morning - Jonathan decided he wanted to try them. Not a brilliant taste - needed a bit more seasoning - the pheasant taste wasn't quite right.

chowhound

Whelp.... it will be my attempt to twist Fryboy's ziti and portobello recipe around tonight.
No goat cheese at the store, so I bought feta, having read somewhere that sometimes goat's milk is added to feta.... and sometimes it's not I just found... shoulda bought the mascarpone. And no Italian parsley, so curley will have to do. Why stop there? I will also be using rigatoni or penne instead ot the ziti (lol). I DO have the portobellos and onions though!

Love2"Q"

got some beef tenderloin that i am going to make into
kabobs .. will put some keilbasa, green peppers and onions on them too ..
maybe some rice to go with it ...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
grilled italian sausage patties,grilled corn on the cob and just kind of jumbo grilled shrimp

smoke king

Banned
Its 97 degrees here, and I've been setting fenceposts all day, soooooooo its gonna be hot dogs!! (and then Sammy and I are jumping in the pool)

In my defense, they are very good natural casing hot dogs from a small town meat locker nearby! (Jalapeno and Monteray jack cheese flavored-mmmmmm!)

Mr. Green Jeans

It FINALLY cooled down out here and it is bearable in the kitchen. Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic salad. Peach sorbet for dessert. I grew the veggies and or harvested local sayeth the little red hen.

chowhound

Miniman mentions sausage so much I just had to fix some myself, just plain. So along with my take on Fryboy's ziti and portobello dish, I had sausage on the side. The town store's Cherry Festival sausage, which is pretty good.

Attachments

• 8-8 dinner.jpg
    8-8 dinner.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 8-8 dinner2.jpg
    8-8 dinner2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 117

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Its 97 degrees here, and I've been setting fenceposts all day, soooooooo its gonna be hot dogs!! (and then Sammy and I are jumping in the pool)

In my defense, they are very good natural casing hot dogs from a small town meat locker nearby! (Jalapeno and Monteray jack cheese flavored-mmmmmm!)

my friend no defense needed..hot dogs are a staple in my house, when u have a 6 yr old in the house, they are a must..lol

my new weekly craving is... take 2 or 3 dogs,grilled them really dark,slather in sweet baby rays, on a big brat bun,miracle whip,relish,onions...then i top it with coleslaw... i call it Bam's Use to be 420Slaw Dog...lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Had a 12 hour work day at DD's condo in Orlando. Hit the Texas Road House for din-din and had 1/2 slab of ribs with a baked sweet potato and baked beans. Should have taken my Bean-O. Pretty nasty beans, taste wise, but the sweet potato was excellent with some butter and sour cream. the ribs fell off the bone, but you could tell they were around for awhile. Pretty dry but the flavor was OK...not great, just OK.

Off to bed now following a much needed shower. One more day of this oppressive heat and we get to go home Monday.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, yeah, Joe .......... The Roadhouse's bean recipe is the pits........but as you say, they know how to treat a yam !

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Dover Sole with mango kiwi salsa and cool corn soup with whiskey cream. There is a sazerac in the picture, too
Augustdinners005.jpg

Augustdinners006.jpg

Portobello mushroom stuffed with shrimp and pancetta, topped with herbed goat cheese, on radicchio and boston lettuce with remoulade
Augustdinners007.jpg

Pork bellies with sweet potato hash and green beans
Augustdinners015.jpg