What are you doing today?

Johnny West

I'm so disappointed the Seahawks lost but that's football.

I'm now drowning my sorrows with a Bloody Mary made with my home made V-8 juice from this summer. The garnish is Spanish anchovy stuffed olives, blue cheese stuffed olives and celery. I have to say my juice is very good.

IMG_7170.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cooksie

Site Supporter
At least in NJ, restaurants cannot use wood boards. They don't do well in a dish washer.

The one on top, I bored with a 3" forstner bit, then I turned a piece of Paduak (The red wood) measuring with calipers, so it just fit Light press fit.

You'll have to overlook my ignorance :eek:. I've never had any restaurant experience and really don't want to either.

I was actually talking about the chopsticks, but if they can't use wood boards, I'm sure they can't use wooden chopsticks, except for disposables. They're still beautiful.

I didn't do much of anything yesterday except for watering, trimming, and pampering my houseplants. I cranked up the music, sang a little song, did a little dance, and enjoyed the almost 2 hours that it takes to get the job done.

Embryodad

Today, I'm doing a few loads of laundry. Darks today. Whites tomorrow. Just helping out, and at the same time, doing the laundry the right way! ...
Whites, I do in HOT scalding water, and especially my skivvies. Then a final rinse with Methanol ( 1/2 cup ) added to the rinse water. Kills the mites. We all have mites. Whether we like it or not. They are from dead skin from our bodies. Yes! we actually grow mites.
They are microscopic and I just go that step to satisfy Me and Only Me.

The dark clothes, like jeans / pants and shirts, I wash with 1/2 cup of salt. It softens the clothes while washing.

Mommy Tina is in PA cleaning her aunt Marge's House. 95 y/o . It's kind of hard to scrub floors using a walker assist for getting around. My cousin is helping with the field day also.

At least it's peaceful and quiet today, and No one to holler at me. I am baby sitting the wives uncle though. Just have to make sure he is fed, and give him his med's, and make sure the living room is warm. Like 80º warm.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
You'll have to overlook my ignorance :eek:. I've never had any restaurant experience and really don't want to either.

I was actually talking about the chopsticks, but if they can't use wood boards, I'm sure they can't use wooden chopsticks, except for disposables. They're still beautiful.

I didn't do much of anything yesterday except for watering, trimming, and pampering my houseplants. I cranked up the music, sang a little song, did a little dance, and enjoyed the almost 2 hours that it takes to get the job done.

I don't have a lot of restaurant experience. I learned it from Vera, who has lots. I hope I wasn't coming across as terse. It was not my intention.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
hmm, checked my French pin - it's 15" and a smidgen overall - works well for a 12-14" pizza round.

chop sticks....
did a similar project years back - long tapered pins for model working. trying in on the lathe they wound up stuck in the overhead insulation.... eventually I made them with sacrificial heavy square blocks on the ends, quick square turning at the small end for diameter & length, used a draw knife to establish the basic taper and then coarse/med/fine/finer paper. a chisel made way too much chatter to turn the thin diameters.....

Johnny West

OMG! I have mites? Where does one buy laundry grade menthol?

Today I subbed grade 1 special ed math and mostly one on one.

Embryodad

OMG! I have mites? Where does one buy laundry grade menthol?

Today I subbed grade 1 special ed math and mostly one on one.

Not menthol.... but Methanol. ( Wood alcohol )
I buy it at Home Depot at the paint department.
Labeled Denatured Alcohol in gallon cans.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't have a lot of restaurant experience. I learned it from Vera, who has lots. I hope I wasn't coming across as terse. It was not my intention.

I didn't take it like that at all. We're good :).

Jimmy, that denatured alchohol is highly flammable. Before I got my fireplace surround powder coated in an oil rubbed bronze, I used it to clean the polished brass on the surround. Hope you don't blow your undies to the high heavens :yum: .

Yesterday afternoon I applied some fungicide to some areas of my lawn. That stuff must be some bad chit. The warnings tell you to wear a long sleeved shirt, long pants, socks and shoes. I usually just apply fertilizer/weed and feed in a t-shirt and wind shorts.

Today I got a flu shot. I know I'm in for a sore arm.

Embryodad

I didn't take it like that at all. We're good :).

Jimmy, that denatured alchohol is highly flammable. Before I got my fireplace surround powder coated in an oil rubbed bronze, I used it to clean the polished brass on the surround. Hope you don't blow your undies to the high heavens :yum: .

Yesterday afternoon I applied some fungicide to some areas of my lawn. That stuff must be some bad chit. The warnings tell you to wear a long sleeved shirt, long pants, socks and shoes. I usually just apply fertilizer/weed and feed in a t-shirt and wind shorts.

Today I got a flu shot. I know I'm in for a sore arm.
It's not the undies I'm worried about. It's Tina's washing machine. LOL

Johnny West

Leni, is there a link to your weather that you can share? Was that the big mud slide?

I've got the rhubarb crisp in and when it comes out have to go shopping for a few things for the soup.

Leni

I'm not affected by the rain and mud slides but my son is. He lives in Fraizer Park and the 5 freeway is closed. He was supposed to work yesterday but couldn't. People are still stuck there. It's going to be a massive cleanup and more rain is predicted. Lebec and Fraizer are small mountain communities, not much in the way of places to stay until things are cleaned up.

I'm not sure about a link to my weather but if you can access L.A. news stations you can see what is going on. It's in the high desert area. Some areas got over 2" of rain in a very short time. No time to soak in so it ran off into the washes.

Johnny West

I've been doing a little housework which needs to be done daily and watching Iowa football. :heart:

I'll prep dinner later.

Embryodad

Today was a "Knuckle Buster"

Tore this out of neighbors 2004 Subaru Forester, and started tear down of the engine. Tomorrow, it gets ripped apart further, to see why low compression in cylinder #3. What a crazy engine. They call it a "Boxer Engine". Opposed cylinder configuration. Weird, if I must say so myself!

:eek:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Dang Jimmy, you're just an all around handyman! Wish I was your neighbor.

I can't even get the psi in my tires right. I have to fill, check, fill, check....and then they're over....so, it's let some air out, check, let some air out, check...and I never can get them just right. Is there a trick to this, or does everyone do the same?

The place I go to get air also has a small dining area with big windows that overlook the parking lot. I just know some of the guys in there are saying...look at this goofy woman over here trying to put air in her tires...and they're rolling with laughter at my antics :blush:.

Embryodad

Dang Jimmy, you're just an all around handyman! Wish I was your neighbor.

I can't even get the psi in my tires right. I have to fill, check, fill, check....and then they're over....so, it's let some air out, check, let some air out, check...and I never can get them just right. Is there a trick to this, or does everyone do the same?

The place I go to get air also has a small dining area with big windows that overlook the parking lot. I just know some of the guys in there are saying...look at this goofy woman over here trying to put air in her tires...and they're rolling with laughter at my antics :blush:.
I would say,"Now there is a wise woman there!" Adjusting / checking proper inflation pressures.
As grandma said,"A car should have good tires and brakes!".... If the car won't go, who cares?" But if the car won't stop, that's a big big problem!"

Embryodad

It was a rewarding day finding out #3 cylinder had a broken exhaust valve.
Replace the valve (s) and put it all back together again. Yay!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I went to the second Mass this morning.
It's very chilly outside, so I'll hoodie-up and take a walk soon.
Later on I'll be enjoying dinner at the church festival.

Nice lazy Sunday here. :)

Johnny West

Oil! Check the oil. I have a tire store that handles all my tire needs - love Discount Tires.

I went to second church then stopped at Tacoma Boy's on the way home and got Stilton and a nice pork loin roast for tonight.

I'll watch football - Go Seahawk's!!!

It's raining here and we need it. Hopefully the new grass seed will take hold.

Go Cleveland!!!

Johnny West

It's just the usual stuff, vacuuming and laundry. I can't stand (OCD?) to have dirty laundry around and do it most every day. There has been a lot of wind with the change of weather and the wind has been blowing all the fir needles out of the trees and onto everything. With the dampness we have they stick to the feet and are drug into the house. I can't stand seeing needles on the floor so vacuum most days. With Peter and Amelia visiting every weekend it's een more so. I had to laugh, on Marth's Vineyard it was the sand, not fir needeles. With all my years in the army and being an LPN, at one time, I like things tidy. There you go.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks, Jimmy, it's good to know that I'm not doing something totally off the wall.

JW - I've got the oil thing down. I use one of those tire places too, either National Tire or maybe it's Discount Tire. I was going to a different place, one of those quicky places. The guy there told me to go by mileage on when to change the oil. This car doesn't get driven much, so I asked him if I still go by mileage even if it's over a year. He said yes. I didn't think that sounded right, so I called and talked to a guy in the service dept at the dealer. He said that was bad advice, so I crossed the quicky place right off my list.

Yesterday was plumber day. Sunday evening I ran the dishwasher and water backed up into the shower behind it...what a mess.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
well, ranting. my arm is broken. i say, 'blake, could you please take my garbage to my curb~'

he didn't. i'll set my television remotes to LMN & WE for a year unless i enter my pass#. he's stuck watching women stuff.

Last edited:

Johnny West

well, ranting. my arm is broken. i say, 'blake, could you please take my garbage to my curb~'

he didn't. i'll set my television remotes to LMN & WE for a year unless i enter my pass#. he's stuck watching women stuff.

Yup, can't stand garbage around either. Blake should know better. No soup for him.

I realized I'm missing a few things for the German dinner tonight so oft ta the store. :drink2:

Johnny West

Imma subbing at the high school today, business, it's all computers and they have their assignments. It should be an easy day. Cheers, JW