The History Channel

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I used to LOVE the channel. Now all I see is crap about ghosts, UFOs, big foot, the book of revelation and other Twilight Zone stuff.
Look, I enjoy that stuff, BUT not on the History Channel.

Am I alone here? :huh:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Not alone at all. I often wondered what the heck happened to the programming. Probably a new Program manager who's related to someone at the network. It really has gone downhill.

suziquzie

Nope, you're not.

YOu have to go to History International channel to find any actual History stories.

I can't figure out what present day loggers in WA have to do with history.....

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Nope, you're not.

YOu have to go to History International channel to find any actual History stories.

I can't figure out what present day loggers in WA have to do with history.....

Ahhhh YES!!!! And dont forget Off Road Truckers. :puke1:

Its just like watching history in action

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It is all about rating and what get them for the stations. In this case it seems the UFO, ghost and such seems to have improved their rating over the older programming. It also could very well have to do with programming costs hence all the unscripted real life shows on the networks as they are much cheaper to make. Just a guess on my part as I have so many stations I rarely know what station I might be watching as I pick and chose based subject for the most part.

chowhound

I love the History Channel. Seriously. I watched it four years ago and I watch it now. And yes, I'm the kind of person that can watch a Monsters marathon all day. I just did last weekend (lol). Love the action reality shows, too. And normally I hate reality shows, but these are more real life than a bunch of kids living in a house or cops chasing people for an hour, which I can't stand.
I think they tweaked programming because the Discovery and Science channels were getting so popular. They are copying their programming.

AllenOK

We just got Satellite TV about a month ago. I've been watching both History and History International when I get control of the TV, which is usually in the morning. I have been catching actual shows on History when I watch.

I'm kind of quirky, though, as I like Monster Quest, but don't really get into UFO Hunters.

I have caught two different shows, one about the ticking timebomb that is the Yellowstone supervolcano, and the other about Mega Tsunamis caused by landslides, on both History and Discovery channels. The exact same shows. I would not be surprised to find out that Discovery, History, Science, Military Channel, and a few others are all owned by the same parent company.