The Lobster Shop

Johnny West

To start it off, they had no record of my reservation but got us in right away.

I had the Lilliwap (locally farmed in Shelton, WA) raw oysters and they were just excellent, NYS with a dinginess crab cake on the side. The mrs had the seafood trio with a crab cake on the side. She only ate one prawn and the lobster tail. I got the rest the next day. It was OK.

Attachments

• #Lilliwap Oysters copy.jpg
    #Lilliwap Oysters copy.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 12

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
for Xmas we got a seafood gift box - "spot prawns" - the real deal, not 'large shrimp' and crab legs.

the crab legs are _huge_ - measured one at 32" !

good eating but those prawns are a real bear to peel - lots of stickie pointie thingies....

the fish monger has frozen lobster tails - 1 or 2 lbs per tail. veddy pricey. the supermarkets have nothing but the little 4 oz tails. one day . . .

Johnny West

We went here for dinner last night since my wife will be out of town for awhile. I had Liliwap oysters, lobster bisque, and cedar plank B.C. King Salmon with a dungeness crab cake on the side. The dessert was a flourless chocolate cake that was like fudge and excellent.#####Lobster Shop Oysters.jpg#####Lobster Shop Bisque.jpg#####Lobster Shop MS.jpg#####Lobster Shop Cake.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny West

Our friend Ann was at her sisters for the whole month of November and wanted to go out tonight so we are meeting them here. I’m fasting tomorrow so this is it for me till Wed. brunch.

Johnny West

Dinner was excellent. Nancy and I shared a half dozen oysters and shared calamari with Ann and Andy. I had a New York Strip with house cut fries and no veg. She gave us an ice cream sundae to share plus I had a flourless brownie for dessert.

FEFC4D18-5A9A-4889-85EE-772E8E2814CF.jpeg83C8A5C1-ADB9-4A6E-A4FB-5CEA9FB242D0.jpeg

Johnny West

We are going here this evening to celebrate Ann’s 75th birthday.
I’m not sure what I’m going to have but will wear my Buck 110
in case I decide to order a steak.

Johnny West

Man, did I get panned for this steak at the Steak Club on Facebook. Lots of experts there and can’t remember many of them posting pictures of their meat.

Johnny West

Admin stopped posting on my thread … guys were getting nasty.

Our waitron told us the new owners are shutting down the restaurant in Jan. for two months, doing a huge remodel with oyster bar, changing the menu, and renaming the restaurant.

Johnny West

Why did you get panned and why were the comments nasty?

Lee
They weren’t fans of blue rare, called it raw, said the French fries were oven fries and burnt. There were positive comments, too. I declined to get into a pissing contest. Since I posted it last night I had over 400 likes and comments. Some people are just nasty.

Ironman

🍺
They weren’t fans of blue rare, called it raw, said the French fries were oven fries and burnt. There were positive comments, too. I declined to get into a pissing contest. Since I posted it last night I had over 400 likes and comments. Some people are just nasty.
Lots of assholes on Facebook in every group, I’ve noticed. I rarely post anything now. And if your post goes against what their (fakebook) opinion is, you get a 30 day time out. Truth Social isn’t like that. 😉

Johnny West

Today is our 51st wedding anniversary and going here. I called to verify our reservation and they had no record of it, again. It was sorted.