White Clam Sauce and Linguini

Renfro Jones

No recipe here, this is one of my favorite dishes however its hard to find a good source ( we have a Little Italy neighborhood in Baltimore) and most of the restaurants cannot make it correctly. Just curious if anyone else is a fan of this dish.

Renfro Jones

OH YEAH!

Do you need a recipe?

Sure, I'll always take a peak, one of the best orders I ever had was in the desert of California. There was a place a corner pub in Balto, the chef used to add a little prosciutto., that was good. But when its right there nothing like dipping garlic bread in the sauce. LOVE IT

lilylove

lol... we'll that goes with out saying! Gotta have bread for dipping! I'll try to find my recipe for you! It's oh so good! At least we think so :)

lilylove

Ok, here ya go!!
ENJOY!!! Don't forget the garlic bread, warm from the oven :)

3 cans of chopped clams
Heavy cream
1 chopped onion
3 tablespoons REAL Butter
3-4 cloves chopped garlic ( can use more or less)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon oregano dried
1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley
salt and pepper ( amount up to you)
1/4 -1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Pasta

Drain your clams and set clams aside.

Add enough cream to clam juice to make three cups of liquid.
set this to the side.

Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender but don't let it turn brown.
Add the flour and the oregano and salt and pepper. Mix well.

Add The liquid.

Mix and heat until it's all nice and thick and bubbly.

Stir in the clams and parsley and the wine.. Make sure it's all nice and warm.

Serve over the pasta and sprinkle with the cheese.

Sometimes I mix the cheese in with the sauce before serving.

So yummy!

Red pepper flakes can also be added if you like some heat.

Renfro Jones

This is a bit different than mine but none the less I'll give it a whirl, I've never used heavy cream, just wine and butter and swap the onion for a tomato, one trick I was taught it for fry all ingredients when combined for about 20 secs, Don't know how that would go with the cream. And I do add crushed reds for a little heat, and a little fresh squeezed lemon on several of my filled forks. Like to mix it up a little. Thank You

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Ok, here ya go!!
ENJOY!!! Don't forget the garlic bread, warm from the oven :)

3 cans of chopped clams
Heavy cream
1 chopped onion
3 tablespoons REAL Butter
3-4 cloves chopped garlic ( can use more or less)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon oregano dried
1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley
salt and pepper ( amount up to you)
1/4 -1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Pasta

Drain your clams and set clams aside.

Add enough cream to clam juice to make three cups of liquid.
set this to the side.

Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender but don't let it turn brown.
Add the flour and the oregano and salt and pepper. Mix well.

Add The liquid.

Mix and heat until it's all nice and thick and bubbly.

Stir in the clams and parsley and the wine.. Make sure it's all nice and warm.

Serve over the pasta and sprinkle with the cheese.

Sometimes I mix the cheese in with the sauce before serving.

So yummy!

Red pepper flakes can also be added if you like some heat.

This is different than mine too. I don't have cream in mine - just make the sauce out of a combo of butter & olive oil with garlic, white wine, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and chopped or minced clams :wink: - my Italian mother in law taught me this one, lol

lilylove

I'm sure you guys could leave the cream out... I just try to make everything as dang fattening as I can.

Nothing that you eat at my house is GOOD FOR YOU! It's a rule! lol

Renfro Jones

What ever you do don't add green peppers, I got it at one rest where the chef went to some big culinary school, its was the worst order I had ever had. I went to high school with the chef, and that was the second, and last time I would taste the yields of his labor.I have my own special inspirational commercial for him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNYHoI47fw0[/ame]

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Dinner10April009.jpg

Love2"Q"

i have never made any kind of dish like that ..
but i am going to next time i go to the eastern shore and load up
on little necks ..

buckytom

Grill Master
cream or green peppers in linguini alla vongole? va fa napoli!!!!

just toast a load o' sliced or minced garlic in a coupla tbsps of evoo, add a coupla cans of baby clams and chopped clams - and/or a dozen or two little necks, then add a bottle of clam juice. cook canned clams for a few minutes, or if using them, cook until the fresh clams open, then add a hunk of butter (optional). toss with pre-cooked linguini, a healthy amount of chopped fresh parsley, and a good shaving of grated parmesan cheese.

it's as easy as they come, and start to finish is just 10 minutes.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
cream or green peppers in linguini alla vongole? va fa napoli!!!!

just toast a load o' sliced or minced garlic in a coupla tbsps of evoo, add a coupla cans of baby clams and chopped clams - and/or a dozen or two little necks, then add a bottle of clam juice. cook canned clams for a few minutes, or if using them, cook until the fresh clams open, then add a hunk of butter (optional). toss with pre-cooked linguini, a healthy amount of chopped fresh parsley, and a good shaving of grated parmesan cheese.

it's as easy as they come, and start to finish is just 10 minutes.

I agree...never did peppers or cream in clam sauce. I do add an inordinate amount of wine and a fair amount of butter to my sauce, though..

DickyBird

Hey howz it going Renfro, thought i may come and join you in this "other" forum. I feel like a traitor!

Heres a hint as to my identity.....
003.jpg

BTW, i hate clams.

buckytom

Grill Master
you're a child pirate addicted to delicious potato covered peanuts?

and lol, i haven't heard of a dicky bird since i was a kid.

DickyBird

you're a child pirate addicted to delicious potato covered peanuts?

and lol, i haven't heard of a dicky bird since i was a kid.

You are correct! Pretty good spelling and typing skills for a five year old hey!
To be serious though Renfro knows me from another forum, i just wanted to see if he could pick me from the above photo as he has seen it before.

Now it's time to get some drink in my guts.:alc: