160 Jerky Recipes

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Nice! I've been making jerky in my convection toaster oven using simple recipes. They are delicious, but maybe it's time to kick it up a notch!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I have a convection toaster oven, Robsan. Care to share your recipe/technique for making jerky?

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I have a convection toaster oven, Robsan. Care to share your recipe/technique for making jerky?

I have been using Top Round roast sliced thinly with my food processor, although I think i will have the meat market slice it so I can have bigger slices.

To season, I sometimes marinade in soy sauce with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, liquid smoke, and anything else I feel like tossing in. I used to add Worcestershire sauce, but I found that it made it too sticky. Sometimes when I make it on the fly, I just use salt pepper, and garlic powder.

I take the slices and drape them over the rack and set the oven for 150 deg. convection. The thinnest slices (1/16"-1/8") take about 4 hours, and the thicker ones (1/8"-1/4") take about 6 hours.

Of course with sampling about half is gone by the time it's done... :whistling:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I have been using Top Round roast sliced thinly with my food processor, although I think i will have the meat market slice it so I can have bigger slices.

To season, I sometimes marinade in soy sauce with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, liquid smoke, and anything else I feel like tossing in. I used to add Worcestershire sauce, but I found that it made it too sticky. Sometimes when I make it on the fly, I just use salt pepper, and garlic powder.

I take the slices and drape them over the rack and set the oven for 150 deg. convection. The thinnest slices (1/16"-1/8") take about 4 hours, and the thicker ones (1/8"-1/4") take about 6 hours.

Of course with sampling about half is gone by the time it's done... :whistling:
Thanks Ronsan. That sounds very straightforward. My family loves jerky beef so I'll definitely be trying this soon. I was wondering though, I have never sliced meat with the food processor. Should it be partly frozen to slice it?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Thanks Ronsan. That sounds very straightforward. My family loves jerky beef so I'll definitely be trying this soon. I was wondering though, I have never sliced meat with the food processor. Should it be partly frozen to slice it?

it helps alot if the meat is frozen no matter what way you decide to cut it up.. same as when you make sausage or grind meat

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I can do mine right out of the freezer with my Kitchenaid. If you have a lower quality food processor, you should let it thaw out a little first. I wouldn't want anyone to break their machine...