1 C. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp. nutmeg, ground
3 eggs
2 C. Half and Half or milk
1/4 C. bourbon or brandy
1/4 C. butter or margarine, melted
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spread pecans in a shallow baking pan and bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, place bread cubes in a greased 3 quart or larger crock pot. Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Mix lightly together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, add eggs and mix well. Blend in half and half or milk and then stir in bourbon or brandy. Lightly mix pecans with bread and apples. Pour egg mixture over bread. Drizzle with butter. Cover and cook on low until apples are tender when pierced and custard is set, about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Let pudding stand, covered, for about 15 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds WONDERFUL, Mr. GJ!

And just in time for apple season!

Copied and saved - thanks!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Probably could, I know they make a rum extract (non-alcoholic) for cooking. And have seen, though never ued bourbon flavoring.
However, I am sure you realize the alcohol will cook out.
I'm not going to buy a bottle for 1 recipe, we don't drink or like the taste of that stuff. But the recipe sounds very good but for the liquor. I cook with wine only. The hard stuff isn't a flavor we like.

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
You can get shot size brandies or bourbons for a dollar at your liquor store. I actually keep a larger size of Maker's Mark in the house since it's good for fruit cakes, drunken chicken, etc.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this last week and it was delicious!

I changed it up quite a bit, to use what I had on hand (3 macs, fat free half and half, light raisin bread, Cap'n Morgan's spiced rum, slivered almonds) .... it was great!

I didn't take a picture, because although the dish tastes wonderful, it's appearance is a bit mundane. :)

Lee