Saltine Toffee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
40 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans/walnuts, if desired (I like it without)

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.

In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.

Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes, or until toffee is bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts.

Cool completely and break into pieces.

Attachments

• toffee-300x221.jpg
    toffee-300x221.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 135

homecook

I make this every year at Christmas. It's one of the few sweets I really love, just like a Heath bar. They're yummy!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not big on sweets Barb-have to be in the mood, but this sounds like something I'd love to make and share with the girls at work!

homecook

I'm not big on sweets either, that's why I only make them at Christmas. lol They're sweet!! The girls would enjoy them.

Tickle Me Elmo

Unusual recipe, but similar to one we make during the holiday but doesn't use saltines. I think I'm going to use sliced almonds for the pecans/walnuts.