Marinating chicken wings HELP

cutflow

i can't seem to make some very tasting bbq, buffalo or etc chicken wings.

At my job, Costco Warehouse, we sell, "mesquite chicken wings" and i'm the one who cooks them for people to buy.

Well those mesquite wings are seasoned to perfection. before i cook them, i get them from the freezer, right of a pallet, which totals like 150 bags. When i opened one, they are raw, but i see the marinated sauce all around the chicken wings.

when you bite into these chicken wings, you can taste the seasoning ALLLL over the chicken wing. i mean every bite, every piece of the meat has the seasoning taste of mesquite.

WHEN I MADE MY OWN at home, i purchased zipbags and already made bbq sauces from 3 different brands/styles. i placed raw chicken wings in each zipbag, and then poured the sauce in each zipbag. then placed the bags in the freezer. 8 days later, i cooked all in one day. And i only tasted the bbq sauces from the outside of the chcken wings. where inside the chicken wings, it tasted just like regular meat with no flavor or seasoning etc.

what am i do wrong???????????????:neutral:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Or what is Costco doing right? My wings come out much like yours. Just flavored on the outside. I'll be interested in whatever answers you do get here.

Welcome to our little internet cooking forums. Enjoy and post often. :tiphat: :clap:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
cutflow said:
WHEN I MADE MY OWN at home, i purchased zipbags and already made bbq sauces from 3 different brands/styles. i placed raw chicken wings in each zipbag, and then poured the sauce in each zipbag. then placed the bags in the freezer.

This just might be the problem here. The sauce needs time to soak into the chicken. That cannot happen if it is frozen. My suggestion is:

Bag the chicken.

Add the sauce.

Let it sink in for a day maybe a day and a half (Keep an eye on fresh dates here). Then if you want freeze till ready to cook.

Brendenn

I understand where you're coming from and I know exactly how/ why the costco ones come out that way. The wings are seasoned first before they are sauced. Where I work we make a large batch of wing seasoning and toss the raw wings in it. Afterwards we bake them then chill. When they're ready to order we toss them in the fryer then toss in sauce. I hope this helps.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
It would be a very tedious job, but you could try injecting them with marinade. I sure wouldn't want to do it by hand if I was doing 5 lbs, but it might be worth it for a pound or so.

I wonder if whoever Costco buys the wings from has a method for injecting them with some type of machine.

Shermie

Site Supporter

Attachments

• Honey Buffalo Wings.jpg
    Honey Buffalo Wings.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,690
Last edited: