What is Your Weather?

Leni

It's close to 80 here and it is partly cloudy. Great for gardening if I didn't have this dang cold.

Embryodad

Grrrrr!!!..... It is 5:45 pm.. and it is dark..and and 60º outside still.

I just had to fire up the oven to bake manicotti that we had filling and shells left over. I ate the Whatchamacallit soup for lunch..
and I just had three manicotti with cheese...and one with sausage.

OMG I'm so full...

DW is still out shopping or eating someplace. her friend said she was going to treat her for her birthday...which was in August. hahahahaha.

I think it is supposed to rain tomorrow and then cool down a little. Hopefully!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
it's getting there- 36 & cloudy- not that u could see a cloud when it's dark by 5:30, 6:00:mrgreen::letitsnow:

Embryodad

it's getting there- 36 & cloudy- not that u could see a cloud when it's dark by 5:30, 6:00:mrgreen::letitsnow:
Yay!.... Cool down..Yippie!!!

House was so hot yesterday and windows were open, and now today; it is 40 and great smelling out with the wood stoves cranking.
We didn't light our pellet stove today, because we were just enjoying the crisp air.

The only place I like it a little warm...is in the bathroom. Don't like sitting on a frosty toity seat!.... Ha Ha Ha

The wind was howling & pool furniture blowing around all last night. Lost my internet connection a few times. So far, my power is still on. Saw trees split & fallen into homes, big rigs overturned & schools closed on the News this AM. Hope everyone is safe.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just saw a news report on that CC. Wow!!!!

100 mph Santa anna winds batter California
The fiercest Santa Ana winds in a decade swept through Southern California Wednesday night, knocking down trees and causing extensive power outages and scattered flight delays.

High wind warnings were also issued for Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Arizona, and early Thursday winds of over 90 mph in Utah overturned semi-trailer rigs and left 30,000 homes and businesses without power, the Salt Lake Tribune reported.

In southern California, nearly 200,000 customers were without power Thursday morning, Southern California Edison told KABC-TV, while the Los Angeles Department of Power and Water said 87,000 customers were in the dark. The San Gabriel Valley was especially hard-hit by the outages, and the Pasadena area was strewn with downed trees.

more here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/fierce-santa-ana-winds-hit-southern-california/story?id=15065048

Leni

Howling winds is right. The wind speed monitor on Mamouth Mountain goes up to 150mph. It was pegged. Estimates are that the winds were up to 180.

We lost power just as I was cooking dinner. Good thing that it was only out for around 5 minutes. Pasadena closed all of its schools due to the winds. Trees are down all over the place. As one of the radio commentators said, you know its windy when the debris passes you while you're driving on the freeway.

Leni

The Santa Annas were supposed to stop Friday afternoon. They're still here. So far we've had a few fires but nothing huge.

It was really beautiful here today - around 60 degrees. We bought our mixed greens wreath, swags, & Christmas tree today, even if the weather didn't seem particularly Christmasy.

Embryodad

The Santa Annas were supposed to stop Friday afternoon. They're still here. So far we've had a few fires but nothing huge.
We are praying that those nasty winds stop.
What a shame, and how damaging they are. It's unbelievable.

The wind dropped to a breeze today. Good thing because many people are still without power.

I feel sorry for the people who are still w/o power (& heat), & rotting food - after 4 days. It's going down to about 37 in Northridge tonight. Hope the power is restored soon.

Leni

My friends without power live in the Pasadena area. It's now 5 days for some of them. Whats also very bad are the businesses that are without power.

FooD

^^^ It's relatively calm over here in the city, just over the hill from where you are. Been like this for the last several days.
In fact, the skies are crystal clear tonight I'm gonna check out the lunar surface and take a few peeks at Jupiter close by with the big scope.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
58F and humid. Rain on and off. Supposed to go up to upper 60's. I have windows open fans on. IN DECEMBER!! Heating bill will be low if it stays this way. BUT electric to use A/C cost more than gas LOL

Ronjohn

We got some snow overnight. Not enough for it to really stick on the driveway or roads. Just enough wet snow to cover the wooden step on the back porch leading to me falling and nearly busting my a$$ this morning.

I believe my thoughts were roughly "Hmm... better watch my step so I don't sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!"

Embryodad

It's rainin like the dickens... Just waiting for it to change over to snow.
They said we were supposed to get 2 to 4 inches of slushy wet heavy snow.
Only a watch till 4 am. It is 10:30 PM now. I was just outside, and it is only 38º.
The radar shows snow moving here from Allentown,PA, And at the Delaware Water Gap. That's 20 minutes from here.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i jus went somewhere like 5 minutes ago & it was chilly- it's only 34 so tolerable. not bitter & windy. earlier there was slushy snow. that passed. i snoozed thru the remainder of it.

Embryodad

I am SOooooo Mad!.... It's only 36º and now accuweather says only 1.1" inches of wet snow! gRrrrrr 1.1"...??? What's that?? thats only snow dust! ...I want 10 inches. Boo Hoo ... How is Frosty Gonna Come Alive??

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
let's see if he shows on Christmas alongside Santa!
waiting to see if this recurs, once again- (i luved it- we were prepped!)
for jimmy:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUo597lHaKQ&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

We didn't get any snow last night, but sure got a helluva lot of rain. And the WIND. A real window-rattler all night long. I hardly got any sleep.

Embryodad

let's see if he shows on Christmas alongside Santa!
waiting to see if this recurs, once again- (i luved it- we were prepped!)
for jimmy:

Oh! Wow!...Thanks luvs..
I watched all the available ones . Neat!...

We got ( 0 ) Zero snow last night. It was snowing...but it was not accumulating. Darn!