Rice Krispie Treats

homecook

6 cups rice krispies
3 T. butter
1 bag large marshmallows

In a large bowl melt butter in microwave. Add marshmallows and microwave 2 minutes. Stir and return to microwave for another minute. Stir well to make sure all is melted.
Add rice krispies and mix well to cover the cereal. Spray hands with cooking spray and press into 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Flatten well. Let cool for about 30 minutes then cut into bars.

smoke king

Banned
A classic-who doesn't love Rice Krispy treats? You know, several years ago I saw an episode of "Ham on the street" where he made RKT's with instant coffee-it sounded good to me, but alas, I never pursued it......

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
A classic-who doesn't love Rice Krispy treats? You know, several years ago I saw an episode of "Ham on the street" where he made RKT's with instant coffee-it sounded good to me, but alas, I never pursued it......
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm added to the marshmellows while melting?

smoke king

Banned
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm added to the marshmellows while melting?

Well, in typical H.O.T.S fashion, he was preparing them on the trunk of a NYC taxi cab in the middle of the night, so I don't recall the "nuts and bolts" of it. But yeah, adding it to the melted marshmallow makes the most sense.

Hmmmm, now that I think about it, its probably out there in cyberspace somewhere! Think I'll have a look.........

homecook

Here ya go SK!!

Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan and hands
  • 1 (10-ounce) package mini marshmallows
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons instant coffee or espresso
  • 6 cups rice cereal (recommended: Rice Krispies)
Directions

Lightly butter an 8-inch square pan.
In a large pot, melt the butter over very low heat. Stir in the marshmallows, getting them all coated with the butter. Slowly melt the marshmallows, stirring frequently. When the marshmallows are melted and smooth, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the instant coffee (2 tablespoons for a rich coffee flavor, 3 tablespoons for a real kick) and mix until it is dissolved into the melted marshmallow. Gently fold in the rice cereal. When it is completely coated, lightly press the mixture into the prepared pan with your buttered hands. When cool, cut the treats into bars and serve.