Shagun Palace - Indian Buffet

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
A friend dropped by to take me to lunch yesterday..... my first experience with Indian Cooking....
Mostly everything was brown, and I'm not sure what each item was on my plate..... I recorded the dishes I put on there, but Im not sure which was which...
Vegetable Pakora - Breaded and Deep-Fried vegetables
Shahi Paneer - Shredded Cottage Cheese in Chef's Special Mild Curry Sauce with Nuts
Bhindi Masala - Okra sauteed with Onions, Bell Pepper, Tomato with Spices
Vegetable Biryani - That's the Rice dish...
Chicken Tikka - Boneless Chicken Breast in Spices & Yogurt, grilled on a skewer in Tandoor (That's the red piece in the middle, I'm sure !)
Shagun Palace Combo.jpg
I has something called Samosa...
Fried Dough with a filling of Potato, Onions, Chick-Peas, Chilies and Spices...
Shagun Palace Samosa.jpg
For "Dessert", Gulab Jamun- It is made mainly from milk solids, traditionally from Khoya, which is milk reduced to the consistency of a soft dough.

The Dough Balls are marinated in Honey flavored with Green Cardomam and Rose Water.
Shagun Palace Gulab Jamun.jpg

I might try this again, as there were plenty of choices left to encounter.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds as if you liked most of the stuff, Lucky.

Was there anything you loved? Hated?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love Indian food, but there aren't too many places close, unless I drive miles to get there all points north or south.
When I lived in the U.K. they were plentiful.
Habib's and Akbar in Yorkshire.
I love chicken Korma (and naan for dipping) and have made it, Korma myself with the jarred sauces from the store.
It's not the same, but adequate lol

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds as if you liked most of the stuff, Lucky.

Was there anything you loved? Hated?

Lee

I Liked the Tikka a lot.... ate two pieces before I remembered to get the shot, thus the messy plate...

The Gulab Jamun was very nice, not cloyingly sweet as I had expected...

That mass at the bottom had an overdose (for me) of Curry, and was not pleasant ... I dipped Naan in it, and managed to eat most of it

The Samosa would have been enjoyed more if it had been warm, which it wasn't....

Oh, and the Rice Dish was dry, and not warm enough to my taste.