What's are you eating NCT - Sunday 12/3/2017 to Saturday 12/9/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm planning on roasting an eye round tonight. Leftover will be used for beef barley soup.

Ironman

🍺
Made layered taco dip for the NFL games I didn't watch today. :)

Taco meat / sour cream+cream cheese / raspberry chipotle salsa / topped with shredded cheese, sliced olives and cilantro. Served with sea salt and lime chips.

Attachments

• IMG_1500.jpg
    IMG_1500.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 143

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Made a Pot of Great Northern Beans, with cubed Smoked Pork Shoulder...
Served with Corn Bread, Chopped Collards, Tomato and Cukes under Balsamic...

Attachments

• Beans & Greens.jpg
    Beans & Greens.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 141

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What did you watch instead, Ironman? That's a lot of dip!

Yum, Lucky!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Eye round roast, mashed red and yellow potatoes (with butter, green onion and chive cream cheese spread and half and half), steamed baby spinach and burgundy pan gravy.

eye_round_120417_1_IMG_3493.JPG

eye_round_120417_2_IMG_3502.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Pasta primavera, not technically traditional time of year for it, but the skinny asparagus is available now here so...

Attachments

• 2017-12-04 16.59.16.jpg
    2017-12-04 16.59.16.jpg
    552.6 KB · Views: 133

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My eyes of round never look that good, Peep! I gave up on them.

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My eyes of round never look that good, Peep! I gave up on them.

Lee
Thank you Lee. It is our favorite cut for roast beef. I rarely roast any other cut.

I am on my way into the kitchen to make the little bit of leftover roast and gravy into beef barley soup.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Italian small plates. Dogboa did all the prep and cooking. I helped with some of the putting together, presentation, and I made and canned the fig preserves for the crostini with the fig preserves, gorgonzola and prosciutto. The red bell caprese salad got a dressing of balsamic vinaigrette after the pic. The grilled asparagus, prosciutto bundies were dressed with a lemon juice vinaigrette.

Attachments

• 2017-12-07 18.11.06.jpg
    2017-12-07 18.11.06.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 2017-12-07 18.10.26.jpg
    2017-12-07 18.10.26.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 2017-12-07 18.11.55.jpg
    2017-12-07 18.11.55.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 106

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Brined, pan seared, then roasted chunk of pork loin, country cooked green beans, and a mashed potato dish made with butter, sour cream, cream cheese, cream, with a topping made from whipped cream with grated white cheddar and horsradish folded in, then baked until brown on top. Potato recipe from Nancy of Farmhouse Rules on the FN. There are no leftovers and apparently someone really liked the potatoes cause I only had the 1 serving.

Attachments

• 20171208_185628-1-1.jpg
    20171208_185628-1-1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 109

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It all looks wonderful, folks.

Medtran, those photos of the Italian small plates are worthy of a gourmet cooking magazine!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD and I went shopping in the snow today. I told her to pick out some meat. She picked up another flank steak. So dinner was Broiled marinated flank steak and tomato, onion and fresh pearl mozzarella salad. Fresh pineapple for dessert.

flank_steak_120917_IMG_3513.JPG

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Shrimp and Crab Cakes...

The Crab Cakes are out of the Gourmet Seafood section of the Frozen Foods aisle, company called "Dockside Sensations"......They were okay, but, first and last time for that experiment...

Shrimp & Crab Cakes.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I've gone over the edge - here's an attempt at video editing . . .

uhmmm er, or not . . .

Attachments

• IMG_0587.avi
    2.5 MB · Views: 134

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
dunno. avi is methinks the only video format supported?

here's an animated gif

Attachments

• 0587.gif
    0587.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 92

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
there's a distinct pause on the avi file - apparently it downloads, then the computer opens it via the application associated with the .avi extension....

avi open in Irfanview for me (as avi is associated to that program) - altho if I manually start Media Player I can select/open it.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had beef stew with carrots, potatoes, beef cubes cut from a b/l chuck roast, mushrooms, and pearl onions last night. We had a 40-degree temperature drop in less than 12 hours starting late Saturday afternoon to Sunday early a.m. hours, from a record high of 86 to mid-40's in the wee hours. It's flipping cold here for us! A bit warmer today though, and it will start warming up slowly back to our usual December temperatures. I almost got the stuff to make molten hot chocolate at the grocery. Kind of wished I had late last night and this morning.