What's on your Spoon, June ?? Sunday, 11/25 - Saturday, 12/1

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be dining in Pittsburgh from this evening until mid-week.
:heart: :thumb:
Aubs, I'm going to be in the Squirrel Hill area.
Too bad we didn't connect with the phone.
I could meet you.

Happy eating and cooking y'all.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Don't forget your camera Sass !

I'll have a crowd this Afternoon... I made a load of Sausage, Peppers and Onions in Red Gravy.... and I brought in a Cold Party Tray ....... way too much food..... any of ya in the neighborhood, stop by! (and bring Tupperware) !

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I haven't been cooking much. Been at DD's mercy. I have a bad case of of poisin ivy. Both hands, both arms, face from just below eyes all the way down my neck. Even on my lips. Doc gave my a shot in the hip, 2 prednisoze med packs and antibiotic. Symtoms started just after thanksgiving. But I just thought it was dry, itchy skin rash, till the weeping began. I started treatment on monday and I am still so itchy but not weeping any more. Still seem to have some blisters. My skin is so tight and dry. My lips have scabs on them and feel like extreme chapped. I am so miserable. NO clue how I got ot except DD went hiking. I am badly allergic to the stuff. No one else seems to be bothered by it but me.

Tonight I asked DD to make pot roast (I will walk her through it). I need comfort food.

Last edited:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't been cooking much. Been at DD's mercy. I have a bad case of of poisin ivy. Both hands, both arms, face from just below eyes all the way down my neck. Even on my lips. Doc gave my a shot in the hip, 2 prednisoze med packs and antibiotic. Symtoms started just after thanksgiving. But I just thought it was dry, itchy skin rash, till the weeping began. I started treatment on monday and I am still so itchy but not weeping any more. Still seem to have some blisters. My skin is so tight and dry. My lips have scabs on them and feel like extreme chapped. I am so miserable. NO clue how I got ot except DD went hiking. I am badly allergic to the stuff. No one else seems to be bothered by it but me.

Tonight I asked DD to make pot roast (I will walk her through it). I need comfort food.

I pray you recover fast Peeps- We are lucky for both our DD's

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
holy cow! you must be super sensitive since the prime season is past.

we you near any burning stuff? people burning up yard debris, leaves even? if PI vines were mixed in . . .

the oils from burning PI can generate a ferocious case - when inhaled can be life threatening.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
holy cow! you must be super sensitive since the prime season is past.

we you near any burning stuff? people burning up yard debris, leaves even? if PI vines were mixed in . . .

the oils from burning PI can generate a ferocious case - when inhaled can be life threatening.

No, no one burning. It is not allowed to burn debris around here.
DD went hiking a couple weeks ago with a friend, then got changed and went out to shop. The clothes went into a back pack. I'm thinking there was some oils left in there and got transferred to something I touched. I am super sensitive. I try to be careful. I don't do wilderness any more except to drive through. I have only had this bad an attack 4X in my life. I hate when it gets in the knuckle creases. OUCH.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I walked my DD through browning a chuck roast and setting to pressure cook in the IP for pot roast. Mashed yukon and red potatoes, steamed carrot coins and au jus to accompany. Not sure if I will get any pics.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, Peep, I'm so sorry your are so uncomfortable - it sounds horrible!

One silver lining - your daughter will learn to cook some new things to help you!

Get better soon!

Lee

Embryodad

Peeps.... feel better. Domeboro ( sp?) Powder from the drug store.
It's a powder. Dissolve in water to make a paste, and apply with cotton swabs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had stuffed cabbages from st. Theodore's Church. Tina went there with her friend to a tricky tray. The priest and his group made stuffed cabbage.
They were NOT very appetizing. They were all rice; no meat in the filling...
Dry, and the cabbage was tough and stringy.

I had 1/2 of a cheese danish, and called it quits.
Why only 1/2 a danish?? ..... Because of my saving 1/2 for Tina to show I love her.
(((( NOW, That has got to be a lot of love, for me to give up that 1/2 to her! ))))

I am not tired. I think I will make some egg salad for tomorrow.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Feel better LBpeep!

Last night Craig made us a ground pork chili using Hatch chilis. It was pretty good, though on the verge of being a bit too spicy for me.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sass's take-out pizza inspired me to order delivery of same.

We have a few chains in the area, but many more individually-owned sub/pizza shops - one on every corner.

Pisa Pizza is my favorite. My neighbor and I split a half Zsa-Zsa (white, garlicky-pizza with fresh tomatoes) and half Deluxe (just about everything).

Spectacular, as usual! The crust is perfect, too!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_4681.JPG
    IMG_4681.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 87

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Both are beauties !

I wonder if the Tomato pie is available round these parts..... will have to go on a Quest..........:readytoeat:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night's dinner was Pot roast cooked in the Instant Pot (chuck roast, quartered mushrooms, burgundy wine, water, gravy master and dry onion soup mix), buttered steamed carrot coins, whipped Yukon & red potatoes (butter, salt, pepper, onion & chive cream cheese spread and sour cream) and au jus gravy.

It was delicious!

pot_roast_120118_IMG_5118.JPG