Peep's Green Olive Sauce

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Peep's Green Olive Sauce

15 oz can of plain Tomato Sauce with no spices or herbs added(or homemade sauce, nothing added to tomatoes)
3 - 4 cloves Fresh Garlic minced fine or grated on microplane
Onion - 1 small chopped fine
Olive oil
Salt - to taste
Fresh oregano - chopped fine or dry rubbed oregano - to taste
Fresh parsley - chopped fine or dry parsley - to taste
Ground black pepper - to taste
Ground red pepper flakes - to taste
Italian Spices Blend Grinder - several grinds or to taste
Green olives - stuffed Spanish or imported Spanish olives with pits removed (I used 1/2 of a 13 oz bottle of green "salad" olives with pimentos)
Burgundy wine - fill empty tomato sauce can 1/4 full with wine

Heat pot and add several turns of olive oil. Add garlic and onion to pot ; add herbs and spices (cooking the herbs and spices brings out the oils and flavors, it also makes the red pepper hotter so adjust accordingly to your personal heat tolerance) and cook gently till onions and garlic are soft.
Add remaining ingredients to pot. Bring to boil and simmer till olives are cooked about 10 to 20 minutes.

Serve over your favorite pasta and top with grated Romano and/or Parmesan cheese.

Mini fusilli topped with green olive sauce

olive_sauce_091809_1_P1040166.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thanks for posting the recipe. Looks good. I'm an olive lover :wub:.
thank you and you're welcome. i also love olives all kinds except those wrinkled black ones that taste like motor oil. LOL

you can add a small amount of anchovy paste to the soft onions and cook for about 1 minute before adding the tomato sauce. after all the ingredients are added and combined well you can add a spoon of capers.

enjoy and let me know if you like it.