3 tablespoons black olives, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped
Freshly ground pepper to taste
4 marinated artichoke hearts, diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons capers

Preparation:
Rehydrate the tomatoes in a small saucepan of water and bring to a boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes, then turn heat down and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool. Chop sun dried tomatoes and measure out.

Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness. Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet. Dredge chicken in flour; saute in skillet over high heat, until golden brown. Remove chicken to side dish and keep warm.

Scrape up any brown bits in the pan. Stir sun dried tomatoes, capers, olives, artichokes and parsley into skillet. Pour in broth and cook until bubbly, deglazing skillet. Add chicken breasts and spoon sauce over them. Cook a few minutes on each side, depending on the size of the breasts. If sauce is too thick, add additional chicken broth.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 299
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 486
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,603

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
HEY!!!

What's with the healthy food???

Just kidding, Barb - it looks wonderful!

Lee

Thanks - looks & sounds delicious, & right up my alley, although I'll be substituting pitted Kalamata olives for the regular California black. I'm a real olive fiend & like the stronger types. And instead of rice, I'm thinking Orzo pasta would be very nice with this.

Have all the ingredients except for the chicken. Am thinking this will be in my menu plan for next week. Again - thanks!

homecook

Thank you all!

The Kalamata olives and the Orzo would be a nice touch! DH doesn't like the olives is why I used regular black..

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
That looks delicious, Barb. Thanks for posting it. I may just make this for our dinner tonight!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Healthy or not, it looks delicious! Another great recipe Barb! Thanks!

Healthy or not, it looks delicious! Another great recipe Barb! Thanks!

Actually, that's a VERY healthy meal. Nothing unhealthy about it at all. One tablespoon of butter is well within "healthy" rules, & all of the other ingredients are wonderfully healthy.

This recipe could easily go into anyone's "healthy diet" file.:smile:

lilylove

It does look good! Will have to try it when I get back home. Or...there's a pot luck Monday night.. I could pound the chicken and then cut into smaller pieces. Not sure I can find sundried tomatoes here but I could do something close to your recipe.

Sundried tomatoes can be difficult to find, but not impossible. In fact, nearly all supermarkets carry them, they just hide them - lol!

Air-dried ones are normally found in the produce department where your market may have little net bags of shallots, pearl onions, or other sundries.

Oil-packed ones can be found in either the pickle section, the gourmet food section, or the canned tomato section. I've found them in all of these places depending on the market.

If in doubt, just ask at the customer service desk. Sometimes they'll actually know if they carry them - lol!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Trish, are you in Mexico? I find sun dried tomatoes at Walmart here in Bucerias. Aren't you in Mazatlan? Do you have a Mega (Mexican chain)? I also find them there....

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
She sneaks off to her condo in Mexico whenever she can....since she said "when I get back home," I was thinking that might be where she is, especially since she expressed doubt about finding sun dried tomatoes. Just guessin'.

lilylove

Yes I'm in Mexico! Oh how I love it here. 2 weeks of fun in the sun. Poor Paul is working long hours during the week and hunting/camping on the weekends so there wasn't much of a reason for me to stay home, so here I am.

We do have a Mega and a walmart in town. I'll look for the sundried tomatoes next time I'm there. Thanks for letting me know.

:)

Local supermarket was having a Perdue chicken sale today, so picked up several packages of boneless skinless breasts, "tenders", & thin-sliced cutlets. Will be utilizing a package of the thin-sliced cutlets for this recipe some time this week!

homecook

Thanks for the compliments and I can't wait to have you try it. I think I'll be making it again this coming week and I'm going to try it with the Kalamata olives too. lol

I'm making it tonight! Will use the Kalamata olives, & also will be using oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes since I already have them. Will be serving buttered & parsleyed orzo pasta (maybe with some feta cheese sprinkled in), & steamed broccoli. Can't wait!!

homecook

I'm making it tonight! Will use the Kalamata olives, & also will be using oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes since I already have them. Will be serving buttered & parsleyed orzo pasta (maybe with some feta cheese sprinkled in), & steamed broccoli. Can't wait!!

I'm looking forward to what you think! :smile:

Just wanted to let you know that it was FABULOUS!! I did make one other little substitution though. Since we were enjoying some nice dry white wine (a Pinot Grigio), I used a 1/2 cup of that instead of the chicken broth.

But regardless, thanks again for providing me with a terrific "go to" chicken recipe. Since husband doesn't eat any red meat, I always love adding new ways with it to my collection.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoons salted butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons black olives, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, rehydrated and chopped
Freshly ground pepper to taste
4 marinated artichoke hearts, diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons capers

Preparation:
Rehydrate the tomatoes in a small saucepan of water and bring to a boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes, then turn heat down and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool. Chop sun dried tomatoes and measure out.

Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness. Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet. Dredge chicken in flour; saute in skillet over high heat, until golden brown. Remove chicken to side dish and keep warm.

Scrape up any brown bits in the pan. Stir sun dried tomatoes, capers, olives, artichokes and parsley into skillet. Pour in broth and cook until bubbly, deglazing skillet. Add chicken breasts and spoon sauce over them. Cook a few minutes on each side, depending on the size of the breasts. If sauce is too thick, add additional chicken broth.

Oh my gosh! that looks just so awsome.
attachment.php

homecook

Just wanted to let you know that it was FABULOUS!! I did make one other little substitution though. Since we were enjoying some nice dry white wine (a Pinot Grigio), I used a 1/2 cup of that instead of the chicken broth.

But regardless, thanks again for providing me with a terrific "go to" chicken recipe. Since husband doesn't eat any red meat, I always love adding new ways with it to my collection.

Thanks so much Breezy! I'm really glad you both enjoyed it. The next time I make it I'll be trying your substitutions. :wink:

Oh my gosh! that looks just so awsome.
attachment.php

Thank you LS! :smile: