Help needed for my Daughters project.

buckytom

Grill Master
pm your email address & I'll email one to you.

Ray

lol, mini. actually, it's a weekly project. :bounce:

if he can get 4 or 5 people to send the notes, umm, weekly, his dad will make sure it sees the inside of a good english or irish pub...

galv, i'll have the nyc card in the post today.

anyone know how much it is to send a postcard to england? is it just 1 first class stamp?

chowhound

$1.48 I think, BT. At least from here, which no doubt stopped in NYC.

The moose and the Time Warner Cable cards have me stumped. Lots of northern states with moose.... Maine maybe? UP Michigan?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

if he can get 4 or 5 people to send the notes, umm, weekly, his dad will make sure it sees the inside of a good english or irish pub...

galv, i'll have the nyc card in the post today.

anyone know how much it is to send a postcard to england? is it just 1 first class stamp?

98 cents from Atlanta.

SilverSage

Resident Crone

I checked the USPS site and it said $.98 to the UK for a postcard. I used that and it only took 6 days from Florida, so I guess that was OK.

Galvatron, was there any postage due on the cards?

Galvatron

No mail today but heres a list of the States i have from ect so far...

Minnesota
New Hampshire
Florida
Virgina
Erie Pennsylvania
Fort Madison Iowa
Pittsburgh
Maine
Washington
Kentucky
Wisconsin
Kansas
Arizona
New York
Oregon
Atlanta Georgia
Hawaii

some repeats but thats fine as everyone is a different view of America.

Also 1 from France and 1 From Wales.

28 postcards so far so pretty good and i know there is more on the way.

Thanks everyone.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
If you haven't got mine yet you should get it soon, at least according to the post office.

Galvatron

Todays sack attack...

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 173

Galvatron

List of received so far...

Minnesota
New Hampshire
Florida
Virgina
Erie Pennsylvania
Fort Madison Iowa
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Maine
Washington
Kentucky
Wisconsin
Kansas
Arizona
New York
Oregon
Atlanta Georgia
Hawaii
New Mexico
West Virginia
Texas

some repeats but thats fine as everyone is a different view of America.

Also 1 from France and 1 From Wales.

31 postcards so far so pretty good and i know there is more on the way.

Thanks everyone.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo - It got there! I sent 2 just in case one of them got lost in transit. I just love that you are helping Lily with this project and that you gave us an opportunity to join in. This is the kind of thing that children remember forever. Also, parents who get involved show kids how much they value education - like putting your money where your mouth is, so to speak. WTG, Galvatron!:applause:

Lefty

Yank
Hey guys, I created a quick look thread of all the post cards with out the comments. Sort of like we do with the iron chef thread results. I closed it so it keeps it streamlined with just pictures. I will add page 5 when I get 5 more unless it ends before, then I will add the last set.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Can't wait til my stuff gets there!
Should be toward the end of this week Galv as the box went out on Thursday.
Postal clerk said 6-10 working days.

Galvatron

Thanks Sass my Daughter is excited and cant wait....the last package we had from the USA took 6 days so could be here by the weekend.

:respect:

Galvatron

Todays mail bag and all this is from Sass Muffin....Sass the time effort and lets not forget $$$ you have put into this is truly above and beyond anything i ever expected...i only asked for a bloody postcard:thumb:...Thank you very much indeed and it all turned up just in time for tomorrows show and tell on the school project...i think the teachers will be amazed with your kindness and everyone else's kindness too....i will update what they think tomorrow.

Thank you everyone thats helped with this i am truly grateful and so is my Daughter...and thanks to Sass as you can see in the pictures i now have a American Flag perched on my desk.

:wwpics:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 100
  • SDC10824.JPG
    SDC10824.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 106
  • SDC10825.JPG
    SDC10825.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 88

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I can't believe mine hasn't got there yet. I sent cards in a brown envelope from the post office with a label printed right from a copy and paste of what you posted to me what your address was.