Help needed for my Daughters project.

Galvatron

Ok i have the FF members lending a hand and thought i would ask you good folk at NCT too....

I would like to ask for some help,my 6 year old Daughter has been given the task of doing a project based on another Country and me loving helping my kids with projects as decided on basing the project on America.

She has 3 weeks to complete the project.

The help i would like from the FF family is if you have the time would you please send her a postcard from where you live...im hoping to get 1 from each State from the United States Of America....then she will pin the postcard to a map as part of the project.

Anyone wishing to take part please PM me or post here and i will PM you my mailing details.

Many thanks in advance from myself and Lilly.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm in!! She definitely needs a post card from Alabama!! :lol:

PM your mailing address and I'll mail the post card out ASAP.

sirena

Greetings from Oregon! PM me with the address and a postcard from my beautiful state will be in the mail.

chowhound

Luvs beat me to it. I thought one from PA's only lake port would be nice, but no sense having two from our state.
You'll probably get one that black and gold from her ;^)

Galvatron

Luvs beat me to it. I thought one from PA's only lake port would be nice, but no sense having two from our state.
You'll probably get one that black and gold from her ;^)

Thanks and if you wanted to be added i will now be pin pointing towns on the map too due to a great response.

Thank you every one.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Keltin. That's an excellent idea! Maybe we could also add a few facts about our state, such as state flower, state capitol, etc.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i am not from America but i live right on the border...i live in a sister city

pm me an addy and i will send one anyways..

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Great idea! I think I'll put down the date of statehood, state capital, and state flower. Anything else of interest for a State?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_flowers
As a personal note, it might be fun for Lilly if you mention what you think is the best thing about your state. Like I might say the thing I like best about Texas is our beaches because the water is as warm as your bath water.

chowhound

Thanks and if you wanted to be added i will now be pin pointing towns on the map too due to a great response.

Thank you every one.

Well put me down then. Send me your addy or whatever we're supposed to do.
The actual town I live in now was one of the ports in the underground railroad to get the slaves up to Canada.

Lefty

Yank
My daughter and I will pick one up from the Great State of Maine. Please send me whatever info I need to get this done.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I can do two states, I live in New Jersey and I work in New York. Pm me and they will be on their way.

Just curious, how long does a post card take to get to the UK?

Galvatron

I can do two states, I live in New Jersey and I work in New York. Pm me and they will be on their way.

Just curious, how long does a post card take to get to the UK?

Post i have got from the USA takes around 5-6 days normally....PM sent and Thank You.

Galvatron

Ok there has been such a great response myself and my Daughter want to give something back.

When all the postcards have arrived from the NCT and FF members we shall randomly out of a bag choose 2 and a prize sent to them 2 chosen...so add a name or we can trace the member by scanning the postcard and you identifying it.

Up for grabs is a box of chocolates chosen by my sweet little Girl and also for the men a inflatable Beer cooler"HOLDS UP TO 72 DRINKS"(drinks not included:yum:)

Thank you all for helping.

Attachments

• SDC10729.JPG
    SDC10729.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i got her card today. i'll prop it where my mr. mailman can find it tomorrow morning!