Did anybody catch the Mod Whine fest over on DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
To transition with the least disruption to everyone it is necessary to keep the good things about the relationship in mind, rather than obsessing about the bad. JMHO

I agree, time to move on me thinks! I have to keep wondering, if we keep nitpicking, complaining, etc in the end are we any better? Or any the better for it?

Just my thoughts, please take no offense.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I agree with Leolady. It hurts your feelings whether you're banned or just shunned and I think this thread is just a way to vent so that we can all feel a little bit better.

babe

gosh, i never got in trouble. i just got bored to tears of the sweetness and light. felt i always had to watch what i said and how i said it. have gone back to site, no one seems to notice that i have not been there much. oh well.

The Tourist

Banned
My aunt Clara once told my Dad that if a man lived a righteous life his funeral would be packed.

Half of the people would be there to mourn. The other half would be there to make sure he was dead.

I believe in that. And every time I make a moment to do something good, I take comfort in the fact the Little Corporal hates my guts.

Salute' aunt Clara. You sure called this one right.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
In all seriousness, it's like a psychology experiment in mind control. It's like, how many lemmings can we get marching to the beat of the same drummer, and not have any of them rebelling by being out of step? If they don't conform they are eliminated for the betterment of the whole community. Free thinkers are not permitted, nor accepted.
large-smiley-051.gif
action-smiley-079.gif

The Tourist

Banned
Ya' know, I hate to give the devil his due, but my spies inform me that the place has settled down a bit.

Is there a story that goes with this?

Wart

Banned
Time ...

Is a Weapon.

I will say, "over there" I thought many of you were pretentious prigs.

Over here you can be more yourself and I find your pretty cool people.

"Over there" I bet many of you thought I was an asshole.

Over here, you know.

:yum:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Time ...

Is a Weapon.

Over here, you know.

Just say what is really on your mind, Wart!:yum:

By the way, it is good to know instead of wondering!!:whistling:

:yankchain::respect:

GrillinFool

Time ...

Is a Weapon.

Over here, you know.

Don't worry Wart. We still think you're an asshole over here. But we think that in a good way now

Wart

Banned
Hey Wart, did you ever sic the Health Department on that one place you worked at?

Mayhaps I should post that stuff over here. I don't know where I left that thread over there.

Yes, I did inform the health department, Nothing seems to have changed.

I should make a thread .....

Wart

Banned
Don't worry Wart. We still think you're an asshole over here. But we think that in a good way now

Thank You!

It's amazing how people come off when they sit at a keyboard knowing that just about anything they post there is going to be someone, whether it be the person replied to, or PropagAndy, or Peckerwood and her Cohorts, or one of the Happy Valley people just reading the thread, are looking for something to whine about.

And that colors perceptions because it colors whats written.

OTOH, it's a good thing that other place exists so the Little Girls have someplace to go.

And the Grown Ups have here.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
So basically they are still treating the symptoms and not the disease. Is their business model built out of legos? Did the entire staff graduate from MIT - Murray's Institute of Tools (bonus points if you can name the sitcom, character and or actor who went to that fine institute for higher learning!?!)

Want the truly creative people to go to a cooking sight. Let them be creative. Do not stifle all creativity with an iron fist. Or more like a limp wristed key stroke. Those that choose to be governed like that are not ones that will ever think outside the box....

OK, well, I think I am done with this for a while. Back to the BBQ forum. Well one last jab. Hey all you DC trolls :moon:

To all my new friends at NTC :alc:

It was Lowell from Wings who graduated from the Murray Institute of Tools.

homecook

That is hysterical!!
Reminds me of the time my dad told my dh after he got a really good job that before he was just an asshole and now he was a good natured asshole!! Needless to say my parents weren't happy with my choice. lol

Barb

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to close this thread. The number one reason is that DC is in the title. The thread has drifted to other stuff as most threads do ...and I hate seeing DC in my new posts list.
We are all moving on, so it's best to close this thread IMHO.
Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.