Ying to your Yang...The Happy Thread

heb1976

No need to apologize!!
Where we used to live our driveway was right next to the neighbors bedroom window........you don't want to know the stuff we heard! They also had about 12 people living there. My ds was only 2 at the time and the words he started picking up. We couldn't wait to move. lol

Barb

It was the grandparents that owned/rented the home. That's whose bedroom it was and almost every night you were hear "Oh Daddy!" Now picture a really gruffy nasty old lady with a very raspy lung cancer sounding voice. Heehee ... bring back memories Mom???

PanchoHambre

Now picture a really gruffy nasty old lady with a very raspy lung cancer sounding voice.
sounds familiar... crummy neighbors can really kill your quality of life... I've had some real winners:sad:

BUT This is the HAPPY thread.... most of my neighbors are awesome and I am excited that the new leed platinum houses going up are almost finished and that the builder is moving into one because he is a buddy. I am looking froward to a good block party this year

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I get to pick my neighbors and they aren't allowed to visit their stuff except from 5 AM to 10 PM.

Last edited:

smoke king

Banned
I just recieved word today, via an ambiguous email, that I am descended from Nigerian royalty!! I never had a clue! I thought the "Old Country" my Grandma spoke of was Czechoslavakia!!

Well, I gotta run-I need to furnish them with my bank account numbers so they can transfer my fortune to me!!

Lefty

Yank
Wow, I can dance a jig right now. I just had a plummer come in to look at a problem, with the pipes, and he was here 3 hours and only charged $42. Wow, wow, wow. :dizzy:

homecook

Wow, I can dance a jig right now. I just had a plummer come in to look at a problem, with the pipes, and he was here 3 hours and only charged $42. Wow, wow, wow. :dizzy:

Wow!! I'd be dancing the macarena. :circle: We just had a new hot water tank installed....... I won't even go there.
Good for you!!

Barb

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
:bump:

With all the bad news out there right now, I wanted to bring this thread back up. Not giving up on it!!
Feel free to include anything that might also make you smile!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm dancing around because one of my unemployed sons found a job and he started last Friday!!!

suziquzie

My 5 year old just notified me that "if i give you a big hug then you could make some cookies... i like raisin cookies...."
heehee.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
LOL Suzi, my littlest loves to come up to you and give you hugs and kisses... right before she asks for soup cups or cereal! LOL.

lilylove

I got my wedding ring cleaned today... the diamond always looks bigger when it's clean. lol... I feel loved and happy and it's nice!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I got my wedding ring cleaned today... the diamond always looks bigger when it's clean. lol... I feel loved and happy and it's nice!

That reminds me... I need to go to the rant thread... one of these little ragamuffins lost my wedding ring!!!!!!!!!

$2600 down the drain!!!

(They were matching gold and platinum... custom made and engraved on the inside with our marriage date and "for better for worse.)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am beginning to seriously plan to go away and take a much needed break to recharge my batteries. My mom is getting better and if I don't take of myself, I will be no good for either of us.

I see palm trees in my future--maybe mid march or early april. I was suppose to already be there but just the thought of those palm trees swaying in the gentle breeze and the sun gently beating down on my skin as I lounge by the pool. Sigh....If I try hard, I can almost go there in my head. The pool has a beautiful waterfall and there is a bar to tend to my iced tea needs and now, they have people who will apply your sunscreen for you. Yes, this is where I am and where I am going. I see the Red Door spa and my favorite massotherapist...
this is the life!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Oh Susan, I hope you get there soon! And not just in your imagination.....

Sweetie, I was actually describing where I live when I go to South Florida. lol I have a two bedroom condo in Weston near the spa and we have our own pool or I can go to the Red Door Spa and get a massage and relax at their pool with the waterfall as I described.
see http://www.reddoorspas.com/RedDoorLocations/weston-beauty-salons.aspx

and this is the pool:
http://bonaventure.hyatt.com/hyatt/...&s_kwcid=hyatt regency bonaventure|2602927838

I did describe it pretty well though, if I do say so myself. For a second, I was there in my mind's eye and I was very happy.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
My oldest son got a job today!!!!! Yippee!! Now if someone would just hire hubby, I could afford those anti-depressants that I wouldn't need if they were all back at work (and out of the house!!)

suziquzie

My oldest son got a job today!!!!! Yippee!! Now if someone would just hire hubby, I could afford those anti-depressants that I wouldn't need if they were all back at work (and out of the house!!)

Sick of him already? I do believe I TOLD you to be careful what you wish for!!!!! :whistling: :bounce: