More pizzas

FooD

I made 2 pizzas on the gas grill today.......pesto/mozzarella cheese and the second was tomato sauce/mozzerella cheese/basil. I again used Trader Joe's plain pizza dough. Both came out good.
The parchment paper made it so easy to transport the pizza to the hot cast iron pan. I slid the paper out from under the pizza after the first couple of minutes as it was baking.

P1030814.jpg

P1030817.jpg

P1030818.jpg

P1030819.jpg

FooD

Thanks all! These have been my best pizzas to date. My family and friends love me again. :D
I think the key was to just relax and don't sweat it. :D

FooD

Here's yesterday's (9/5) pizza experiment on the Weber kettle...

This is a repost from another BBQ forum:

Well firstly, let me say that my family is sick and tired of me making pizzas and making a mess in the kitchen... :p
I've been experimenting with pizzas these past few weeks, first with store bought fresh dough and now with my own dough. My gas grill and oven pizzas have been coming out all right but ones done on the kettle have been very inconsistent so I decided to experiment again with the kettle yesterday while my family was out all day. :D

I made 3 identical pies and baked each one differently on the kettle. With the top vent open I was getting a nasty hot spot on that corner directly under the open vent and the crust charred within 4 minutes.
The best of the three came out by closing the dome vent completely and propping up the lid about 1/4" all the way around. The dome temp was about 500.

I made the dough with just AP flour, water, salt, & instant yeast and let it rest over 24 hours in the fridge. I stretched the dough out on parchment and assembled the pies.

P1040023.jpg

P1040024.jpg

P1040031.jpg

P1040034.jpg

P1040030.jpg

homecook

That looks awesome!! I definitely have to try pizza on the grill. That crust looks super. Great job FooD!!

FooD

Thanks everyone! I'm also beginning to find how relaxing dough kneading is. I was looking at mixers but I don't think I need one. I enjoy kneading by hand. :D

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thanks everyone! I'm also beginning to find how relaxing dough kneading is. I was looking at mixers but I don't think I need one. I enjoy kneading by hand. :D
i feel the same way food. but i also start with 5 lbs of AP flour and add rye flour, soy flour, whole wheat flour, ground rolled oats, wheat germ and powdered milk so no mixer except a huge bakery unit could be used. :D i then make loaves of plain and cinnamon raisin bread and pizzas. i don't think i can hold a candle to joe though!!

you did a wonderful job. the pictures are great to look at.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Holy Cow! FooD!!!! You have this down to a science! Perfect! Every time you do this, they get better and better. Looking at these results, you're ready to open a catering business! Awesome job!!