What's cooking Sunday 10/16/16 to Saturday 10/22/16?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We have many excellent Chinese restaurants in my area, and we often order the Pu Pu Platter for two from Panda Castle.

The photo doesn't do it justice - three of us ate from this last night and we still have at least half of it leftover.

Lee

Attachments

• Pu Pu platter for two.JPG
    Pu Pu platter for two.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 176

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Leftover festival food.
Whoever made the dressing and noodles deserves an award.
Actually, there is a noodle club at my church where the ladies have been making them for years for holiday events and things such as this.
But that dressing... sigh.. sorry it's gone. lol :wub:

Johnny West

I made spahetti and sauce. The marina was vegetarian with Morningstar crumbles added. When I pulled the sausage from the freezer I thought it was Italia but they were brats and great with the gravy. The pasta was Kroeger's Italian import and excellent.

Attachments

• ########Gravy MS.JPG
    ########Gravy MS.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 172
  • ########Gravy.JPG
    ########Gravy.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 167

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Last night was eye round roast, spinach, hand mixer whipped taters (DD likes them really smooth) and burgundy gravy.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tonite will be Smoked Sausage & Pepper Sandwiches, Roasted Cauliflower Florets, Sliced Jersey Tomatoes and Cukes.

Last night was the remains of Sunday's Lasagna out of the Freezer...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight will be either beef and mushroom stir fry or lamb chops.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I used canned Chicken of the Sea lump crab instead of the imitation which the recipe stated.

The recipe called for 2 8 ounce packs of that.
I saw Louis Kemp at the store but wanted real crab, tyvm lol

The canned was 6 ounces per, but they turned out really well and generously filled each roll.

The cuke salad was the basic...with onion, vinegar, sugar and dried dill.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Had some homemade Gnocchi in the freezer, so I turned it into a Gnocchi bake with tomato sauce and a bechamel topping. Pretty tasty!

IMG_1401.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Had some homemade Gnocchi in the freezer, so I turned it into a Gnocchi bake with tomato sauce and a bechamel topping. Pretty tasty!

IMG_1401.jpg

I like this idea! I will use store-bought gnocci, though.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I got the turkey and dressing dinner at Bob Evans, no mashed and gravy to go with.
Chose green beans and a side salad for the two sides.
Busy day. Still on vacation.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ok went to TJ's and came home with:
Avocado oil
Orange muscat champagne vinegar
Candied pecans
Tart dry cherries
Cave aged blue cheese
Sorento greens
Belgian chocolate pudding
Rice pudding
Frozen garlic cubes
Coconut creamer

Sooooo lunch will grilled Swiss and American cheese on seeded eye bread and a nice salad dressed with the oil, vinegar topped with the nuts, cherries and blue cheese.

Dinner will probably be b/s chicken breast, mushrooms, shredded carrots, onion, snow peas, garlic and a sweet and sour sauce with jasmine rice and dessert will be chocolate or rice pudding and fresh ground brewed coffee with coconut creamer.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Lunch was wonderful.

The salad was good mixed baby greens and Sorrento greens blend with the added toppings of candied pecans, dried tart cherries and the blue cheese and a grilled Swiss and American cheese on seeded rye bread sandwich.

The skinny on the new to me TJ products:
The Avocado oil has a delicate flavor.
The Orange Muscat champagne vinegar has a nice flavor but is pretty sweet and not very acidic. The dressing formula had to be adjusted to a 2:1 (2 parts vinegar to 1 part oil) ratio.

I made a pot of coffee with lunch to try the Coconut Creamer.
The coconut creamer (dairy free, soy free, and gluten free, Vegan and Kosher D.E.) has a very mild taste.

All in all I am happy with the new to me items.

On to dinner when DD's get home. Update later.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe one of the last grilled meals of the season - burger with grilled Caesar salad.

Lee

Attachments

• Burger and grilled romaine.JPG
    Burger and grilled romaine.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 114

Johnny West

Lunch was at Bennett's Fish Shack in Westport - I got the clam chowder and halibut and chips. The chowder is made from scratch in house.

Attachments

• ########Chowder.JPG
    ########Chowder.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 117

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I took some leftover meatloaf to work with me and had some pea salad with it from assisted living's salad bar.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight will be a chicken pot pie made with Pillsbury pie crust, Perdue chicken breast tenders, a can of Veg-all, cream of chicken soup, poultry seasoning, onion powder and whatever else I decide to throw in.