NCT's Iron Chef 4: Battle Sandwich

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
NCT's Iron Chef 3: Battle Pasta was a great success. And there is interest in going on with our new tradition. So now let us begin Iron Chef 4!

This challenge’s secret ingredient is……..

Sandwiches (any kind of meat or meatless)

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, use the secret ingredient in a dish. It can be any dish from appetizer, to main, to desert. Your choice. Just use the secret ingredient in any manner you like.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, I will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

The challenge begins today, 5/31/09, and the deadline for you submission (recipe and picture) is this coming Sunday, 6/07/09, by 9PM. But remember, this is just for fun and to challenge ourselves. It allows us to dig deep and be creative with the secret ingredient, and NCT gets more new recipes for all of us to enjoy. Everyone wins in this challenge!

So let’s all put our thinking caps on and dive into: Battle Sandwich!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I'm out of this one. "He" can't do sandwiches, except cheese,lol
It will be interesting what you guys come up with on this one though.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm out of this one. "He" can't do sandwiches, except cheese,lol
It will be interesting what you guys come up with on this one though.

Hopefully we'll get some good posts, and then you can show "Him" all the wonderful possibilities, and perhaps he'll come around! :lol:

I've already got an idea. I'm going back to my roots for this one!!! :lol:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Hopefully we'll get some good posts, and then you can show "Him" all the wonderful possibilities, and perhaps he'll come around! :lol:

I've already got an idea. I'm going back to my roots for this one!!! :lol:

Oh, he would if he could, he would eat just about anything at this point, lol, he just can't.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
lol, no teeth pulled. Throat muscles don't work. Has to eat most things pureed, so it slides down, ewwwwwww.lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
lol, no teeth pulled. Throat muscles don't work. Has to eat most things pureed, so it slides down, ewwwwwww.lol

Oh.....someone here had a DH with some pulled teeth. Guess I'm having a senior moment! :lol:

What's wrong with his throat? Sounds rough!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
don't know and they don't know how to fix it. He lived the first 6 months after it happened on Ensure and ice cream. Lost almost 30 lbs. He still chokes on things, but, he knows how to handle it now.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
don't know and they don't know how to fix it. He lived the first 6 months after it happened on Ensure and ice cream. Lost almost 30 lbs. He still chokes on things, but, he knows how to handle it now.

Damn! I'm so sorry to hear that! it must be a bit frightening!! I'll make a special recipe for him later this week!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
was at first, now I have no feeling about it. He eats just fine. Just can't have all the normal food anymore.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
heres the first

Smoked turkey on a cabiatta roll,top lightly toasted and then rubbed with fresh garlic.light drizzle of olive oil on top of that.. fresh tomato,fresh green onion,turkey,miracle whip,cajun seasoning, fresh cracked black pepper with provalone cheese

o10ayb.jpg

24evnsx.jpg

ic1l6d.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow! Look at this, Bam came out early and strong! Way to set that bar high!! Looks great! :clap:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Wow! Look at this, Bam came out early and strong! Way to set that bar high!! Looks great! :clap:

it looked pretty good but damnnnn it tasted so good... i have more turkey so i believe i will be putting at least another entry in..lol

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I have a couple ideas on this one, how long do I have to get it done cause I have to do some shopping first!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
FM there is no secret ingredient..its open this week..make your favorite sammie
Are you sure, Jeff???? Cuz I don't want it to be like the time I showed up to a party dressed as a hooker and it turned out it wasn't a costume party!!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
NCT's Iron Chef 3: Battle Pasta was a great success. And there is interest in going on with our new tradition. So now let us begin Iron Chef 4!

This challenge’s secret ingredient is……..

Sandwiches (any kind of meat or meatless)

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, use the secret ingredient in a dish. It can be any dish from appetizer, to main, to desert. Your choice. Just use the secret ingredient in any manner you like.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, I will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

The challenge begins today, 5/31/09, and the deadline for you submission (recipe and picture) is this coming Sunday, 6/07/09, by 9PM. But remember, this is just for fun and to challenge ourselves. It allows us to dig deep and be creative with the secret ingredient, and NCT gets more new recipes for all of us to enjoy. Everyone wins in this challenge!

So let’s all put our thinking caps on and dive into: Battle Sandwich!

Are you sure, Jeff???? Cuz I don't want it to be like the time I showed up to a party dressed as a hooker and it turned out it wasn't a costume party!!!

yup i am pretty sure..lol:yum::yum::yum:

oh and about the party:weneedpics_smi:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I think I could enter this one, too. But tell me, what is the secret ingredient, Keltin?

The ingredient is just Sandwich.

Someone suggested it in the Suggestion thread (may have been Bam?).

So basically, you are challenged to make a sandwich! Any kind, any style, whatever you like as long as it’s a sandwich. You might want to avoid doing a hamburger type thing though since that is a possible “ingredient” in the future.

A while back when everyone was on the low or no Carb kick, Hardees had a Low Carb Angus burger. It was basically the beef patty with toppings wrapped in large lettuce leaves......no bread. So technically, a few slices of ham wedged between leaf lettuce is a sandwich.

Stuffed Pita bread would be considered a sandwich.

I’d go so far as to say ingredients stuffed between two large portabella mushroom caps is a sandwich (which is actually an interesting idea........but I have other plans! :smile:).

As Bam said earlier, ingredients stuffed between two other things is a sandwich! :lol:

So, get creative and post away!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Bam, and sorry for the confusion. That opening text was cut-n-paste from IC3. I probably should have elaborated a bit more!