Preassure Cooker/Crock Pot/Rice Cooker

Johnny West

It's called an Instant Pot and have not looked at the directions since I have no plans to use it anytime soon. It's her project.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
John, my friend, Jan, bought one recently and waxes poetic on it's virtues. She is an excellent cook and she ADORES the thing!

Lee

lilbopeep

πŸ€πŸ€πŸŒΉπŸ° Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I really want corned beef and cabbage. But the corned beef is pricey this time of year. ?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I also know someone who raves about her instant pot.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I was given a Fagor 6 quart pressure cooker last year, and use it quite often. I make chicken soup, starting with frozen chicken parts. From start to finish, it takes me about an hour to have drop dead delicious chicken soup, complete with vegetables and noodles.

I also use it to make squirrel stew, as it does a great job of tenderizing the squirrel meat, which tends to be tough.

My mother used her old Presto pressure cooker to feed a family of seven on a budget. She would buy the cheap cuts of meat and turn them into tender, delicious meals that you would get from more expensive cuts of meat. My favorite was tripe stew that was never tough or chewy. She was an artist with her pressure cooker, even though it was looked upon as a tool for the poor. She also used it for canning meats. It was her favorite kitchen tool, along with her Sunbeam electric fry pan.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This instant pot is on my wish list along with the silicone lid for the pot insert.

Johnny West

The pot roast smells wonderful.

Tomorrow we are to go to the house where my son lives for dinner but can't stay long. My wife starts working 12's tomorrow so I will go to a cafe for the turkey plate, probably Sheri's, after she leaves for work.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just ordered the 6 quart 7-1 Instant pot on Amazon. It was $130.00 but I got Black Friday sale price of $69.00!! So I also ordered the silicone lid for a Grand total of $90.00! :wow: :hotdog:

IMG_1514.PNG

IMG_1515.PNG

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
For a crock pot / slow cooker or rice cooker, I use THIS; the Presto Big Kitchen Kettle. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Attachments

• Presto Big Kitchen Kettle..jpg
    Presto Big Kitchen Kettle..jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,011

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The pot roast smells wonderful.

Tomorrow we are to go to the house where my son lives for dinner but can't stay long. My wife starts working 12's tomorrow so I will go to a cafe for the turkey plate, probably Sheri's, after she leaves for work.

How long did it take to cook your pot roast to tender?

I did manual 50 minutes as suggested in recipe book and wasn't quite tender enough. I put on for another 30 minutes. Did you use manual button or the meat/stew button?

Johnny West

It was done on the crock pot setting and took a lot longer than anticipated but then we got a late start. It will be a big learning curve, I'm afraid. Split pea soup is next for the weekend.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I will be ordering THIS from Amazon.com in a few weeks. :bbq::piesmiley1:

Attachments

• Presto 8-qt Pressure Cooker..jpg
    Presto 8-qt Pressure Cooker..jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 993

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The Instant Pot looks like something that I would really like. I like that you can brown and then cook in the same pot. Having to brown before putting stuff in the crock pot is a pita.

I went and looked at some of the reviews on Amazon, and people are making bundt cakes, flan, custard, and lots of other things. I want!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I switched gears & decided to get THIS unit - the T-Fal 7.4-qt EZ-Lock manual Pressure Cooker.

I'm old school, but I've always loved the stovetop pressure cookers! Our mom had one for years!! :piesmiley1:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 191
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 187

Johnny West

I just instant potted two chick breast with some hispanic spice and home make salsa. It's quite tasty and will supply the recipe soon. It's the first time I've had a go with this device.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just instant potted two chick breast with some hispanic spice and home make salsa. It's quite tasty and will supply the recipe soon. It's the first time I've had a go with this device.
I love mine. Try making Carnitas/pulled pork in 35 - 45 minutes.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I don't really care for the instant Pot. But you have fun with it!

I got 2 appliances that serve me well. I have the choice between slow cooking & fast cooking. :corn::applause:

Johnny West

I agree, Shermie. It's my wife's thing. I love using the crock pot, dutch ovens, and Weber Grille. It's what I know.