Magic Bullet anyone?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
anyone have one of these or ever use one?

i am in negotiations right now trying to buy a NIB for cheap as i can..lol

since i was on Santas naughty list this year, i have to buy it myself..i have always wanted one but i just want some opinions first.

magic-bullet-blender.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'll say i wouldn't buy another- (got them, hm,. 5-7 or so years ago) though i got 2 be pals w/ 2 great online pals as i got 2, & they bought 1 of them. pureed well, though i'd so get a regular blender, in retrospect.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
thanks luvs...i would use mine for coffee,spice mixtures...and little jobs since there is only two of us

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
the ones 5-7 years ago were different than the ones selling right now though..after some research, the newer ones have bigger motors and more accessories...

they are $50 here new at best buy or bed bath and beyond...the one i am trying to get is on craigslist new in box still...cheap enough and i wont care if it only grinds my spices..lol

K

Kimchee

I have an old one and don't much like it. Doesn't grind well, and has always smelled like motor bearings when I use it.

A newer one with better motor would probably be just fine, though.

LETHAL GTS

My girlfriend has one and swears by it. Her kids use it every night to make smoothies before bed. I have been thinking of getting one myself.

...i would use mine for coffee,spice mixtures...and little jobs since there is only two of us

I have a knock-off, with all the extras. Used it for tuna salad & guacamole. If you think you will use all the extras, go for it. There's a bunch of recipes at Food.com. For coffee beans & such, my friend bought a grinder/gizmo at a thrift store for about $5.00.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
My girlfriend has one and swears by it. Her kids use it every night to make smoothies before bed. I have been thinking of getting one myself.

thanks... didnt know you were from Winterpeg... i grew up in Brandon,Carberry.....played hockey in from Carberry to Portage

I have a knock-off, with all the extras. Used it for tuna salad & guacamole. If you think you will use all the extras, go for it. There's a bunch of recipes at Food.com. For coffee beans & such, my friend bought a grinder/gizmo at a thrift store for about $5.00.

cant find a cheap grinder around here..thrift stores are usually all picked through

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
well negotiations didnt go well..lol

she started by asking $50 on the craigslist ad... i emailed her once and she dropped to $35... i said sure why not... 21 piece never used... i call her for directions.... i figure i am on my way... turn on my GPS,not 30 seconds later she calls back.."how much did i say for it? i tell her your last email said $35...wont pay more for it because i can go across the street to best buy or bed bath and beyond...pay $50 and get a warranty." she says..oh i want $45 for it now... i say ummmm no thanks....i then get..."fine you go over and buy it from there then"..

wow no negotiation skills..lol

i figure she bought it off the website for $99 like it advertises and got ripped off..her husband got mad...he was negotiating the deal in spanish in the background..lol

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
thanks CC..i dont use ebay anymore. my account is set up in canada so everything gets sent there.

i am going to shop around..there are alot of small "blenders" cheaper in price... The Bella Cucina Rocket Blender,Nuwave Twister Blender,GE Rocket Blender(cheapest so far at $20)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a bar blender with a smaller food processor for it. It does pretty decent grinding of things like spice blends using raw product or dehydrated. I then use a Braun coffee grinder to the take it to spice size for jars.

Now the Blender crush ice and makes drinks or even smooth out sauces in a pinch. I also have a stick blender for hot sauces and soups. We also have a good food processor all of which i like for specific jobs however in all honesty other than the stick blender none get used on a regular basis.

LETHAL GTS

thanks... didnt know you were from Winterpeg... i grew up in Brandon,Carberry.....played hockey in from Carberry to Portage

cant find a cheap grinder around here..thrift stores are usually all picked through

You gotta be kidding me!?!
You know the Jones? LOL
Seriously though, I grew up in Neepawa and dated a few chics from Carberry.
Send me a PM...maybe we drank together :puke1:

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
this thread reminded me of how much I like the way it grinds up herbs. I'm going to do that later, instead of just using a scissor and leaving big leaves in the salad.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this thread reminded me of how much I like the way it grinds up herbs. I'm going to do that later, instead of just using a scissor and leaving big leaves in the salad.

show off..lol

i even went to buy a cheap one...but nay nay..walmart was out of them...jeez

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Our son bought the MB a few years ago. I'm the only one who uses it, and only for making mini-milkshakes. Other than that, I'd rather just have a full size blender, or use my mini & full size food processors. I have a coffee bean grinder that I got for a gift, but never ground a bean in it.:ohmy: Instead, I use it for blending fur for fly tying. Rabbit & muskrat fur blended together make for a nice "buggy" fly.:yum::yum: ALton would be glad that aside from my fire extinguisher, I have no since purpose items in my kitchen.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I own a MB, but I hardly ever use the thing. Only once that I can remember, to crush black peppercorns.