As one season ends.....

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
So soon will end Rob Roy season:shock: I have a thing about not having Rob Roys or Manhattans before Thanksgiving...and then, only enjoying them until Easter.

On the other hand...Derby Day :tiphat: ushers in Mint Juleps!!! And Mojitos!! And VeraBluetinis!!! And Sidecars!! I've got a killer (actually, Lou has it...) recipe for a watermelon mojito

Anyone else drink seasonally???

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Not exactly in the way you describe. I drink more hot drinks in winter and more cold drinks in the summer. lol

Mr. Green Jeans

Know some folks from KY that take Derby Day and mint julips very seriously. The key is fresh picked mint. Then there's Derby pie but that is another thread.
March signals mango season and a mango margarita is pretty tough to beat.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I don't drink at all much, maybe one or two every few months.
I tried a mojito once, not bad but nearly knocked me off my feet, LOL!
I would love a recipe for a mint julep or the watermelon mojito... they sound good.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I also am not a drinker but do have a beer or rum and coke on occasion. Never could handle much more than that as I don't like being in control of my actions at all times.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'll get that watermelon recipe from Lou....oddly enough, the only recipes he's interested are cocktail recipes!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sort of seasonal. On a blistering hot day after being outside a while, a cold beer is really good.

Andy