French Style Veal Chops with Cannellini Beans

High Cheese

Saucier
vealchops.jpg

I picked up a couple veal chops that were on sale, since beef is so high right now it's cheaper buying seafood and veal. lol

I followed this recipe for the chops: http://mikes-table.themulligans.org/2008/12/29/veal-chops-with-mustard-cream-sauce/

The beans I came up with on my own and both dishes went well with each other.

Cannellini Beans

2 cans of cannellini beans, washed and drained
1T butter
1T evoo
1T minced garlic
1T minced shallot
1/2 T fresh thyme
1/2T truffle oil
salt and pepper

Wash the beans of the canning liquid and set aside to drain. Add the butter, oil, shallot and garlic to a pan over medium heat for a few minutes until the shallot has softened. Do not brown the garlic and shallot though. Add the thyme and beans, toss and continue to cook just until the beans are warm to your liking. Season and finish with the truffle oil. Give one last toss and serve.

I make a honey ginger vinaigrette for the salad.

1T salt
1T black pepper
1.5T Herb D Provence
1T honey ginger vinegar
3T GOOD Greek olive oil

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lovely presentation and photo, as usual, HC.

I love anything with capers and black olives, so I'd like to try that recipe. How do you think it would work with pork chops?

Lee

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
vealchops.jpg

I picked up a couple veal chops that were on sale, since beef is so high right now it's cheaper buying seafood and veal. lol

I followed this recipe for the chops: http://mikes-table.themulligans.org/2008/12/29/veal-chops-with-mustard-cream-sauce/

The beans I came up with on my own and both dishes went well with each other.

Cannellini Beans

2 cans of cannellini beans, washed and drained
1T butter
1T evoo
1T minced garlic
1T minced shallot
1/2 T fresh thyme
1/2T truffle oil
salt and pepper

Wash the beans of the canning liquid and set aside to drain. Add the butter, oil, shallot and garlic to a pan over medium heat for a few minutes until the shallot has softened. Do not brown the garlic and shallot though. Add the thyme and beans, toss and continue to cook just until the beans are warm to your liking. Season and finish with the truffle oil. Give one last toss and serve.

I make a honey ginger vinaigrette for the salad.

1T salt
1T black pepper
1.5T Herb D Provence
1T honey ginger vinegar
3T GOOD Greek olive oil

Lovely!

High Cheese

Saucier
Lovely presentation and photo, as usual, HC.

I love anything with capers and black olives, so I'd like to try that recipe. How do you think it would work with pork chops?

Lee

Thanks everyone!

I didnt use the olives, but I think some calamatta would go with it, or something along those lines. I wasnt looking for any mor flavor with the olives since I kicked up the beans.

Pork would work...chicken too.