RedGravy125CampStreet008.jpg

RedGravy125CampStreet009.jpg

RedGravy125CampStreet010.jpg

RedGravy125CampStreet011.jpg

RedGravy125CampStreet012.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Wow, they even left you some toilet paper! It looks like a really cozy layout for a Vera Blue restaurant. I'm sure you will come up with colors and decor to make it uniquely yours. I really like the nice wood, and the kitchen appears pretty spacious. Live music in that raised area? Your mind must be racing with all the possibilities. Thanks for sharing it with us.

PanchoHambre

I can't wait to see what you do with it. What an awesome project. Damn I hate those bathroom colors... they remind me of the pallid senior buildings I work on... never get to do anything cool with those.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It looks like the perfect place! I really love that raised platform space! I can't wait to see how you decorate it.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Here's a colour scheme......

The brick remains untouched except to hang things. The walls, with the exception of the raised area will be a deep red on the bottom, and ivory on top. Some sort of border along the chair rail. The raised area will have (after removing the black floor and black ceiling) blue lower portion, yellow stripe upper half, with red accent along the chair rail. Bathrooms will be white with striped yellow or blue or red, depending on what is left.

That weird bar in the middle of the room will be removed.

More pictures will come.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
If the balcony has tables, I want to make my reservation for a seat on the balcony for the grand opening. Table for 2 please.

buckytom

Grill Master
looks great, vb.

imo, lose the bar, keep the balcony. it would be great if you could swing a baby grand in the balcony. i can see dr. john massaging the 88's in there while people dined.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4OVqVXvg_Q[/ame]

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
That bar isn't part of my plan...it will be removed within the next two weeks.

As for the balcony, I'm not putting tables up there. A sofa, two overstuffed chairs and a coffee table will be up there.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Vera that's nice inside!
You should have someone like Ruben Toledo come and paint a mural on that wall behind the balcony!

Guts

VB
Is the hood still there? looks like the fire extinguisher is still in tact. I see a trip to your local used equipment store.There are lots of good deals out there on used equipment. Looks like the gas lines for the stove and fryers etc are there, and are easy to move if needed. I install kitchens for a livening and do finish carpentry, wish I lived closer, I would give you a hand with your TI (tenant improvement). Have you applied for the permits necessary for the TI... As you know cost is important, it always seems to cost more than planed. Good luck with your venture, and Keep us posted with pis if you have time.
Kim

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Classy place Vera. Love the woodwork. What a perfect place for a restaurant.
I know a restaurant supplier that might be of help if you have trouble finding something for the kitchen at a reasonable price.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've been working with a restaurant supplier since I saw the place on Magazine street, so thanks all, but I'm hooked up in that area.

The plumber will handle any permits he needs. I just have to buy everything:ohmy:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Looks super Vera and perhaps if I ever get that way again I will stop in. :thumb: