Burning Man

smoke king

Banned
So, anybody ever been to Burning Man? It's one of those things on my "bucket list" and I'm wondering what to expect.

I'm gonna have to get this done before I get too much older or everyone will think I'm a narc!!:mrgreen:

phreak

It's on my bucket list too... I love me some naked hippie chicks. I understand they raised the price quite a bit because it was getting too big.

lilylove

lol... yep we are getting old but... it's something that Paul and I have always wanted to do. Burning Man and Rabbit stick also.

We have a friend that goes to both every year.... I can't get to the link right now because the place I'm working today has so many "blocked" sites... but if I remember I'll post it later. There are some great photos.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I have always wanted to go to Burning Man. It's kinda like Mardi Gras for hippies, I think. I have a friend who went once and said it was amazing. He even bought an old bus which served as his dwelling while he was there.

If you ever decide to go, SK, I think there are a few of us who would go with you. (hint, hint)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
It would be so cool, SK. I love the whole concept of an entire city springing up in the dessert overnight and then vanishing without a trace a week later. It's mind boggling. And then you throw the art installations into the mix - what's not to love? Seriously, maybe we need a group trip.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My wife and I have looked at this for about 15 years now since we first heard of it. We have never made it though and it is also part of my bucket list along with Hedonism Jamaica. :wink:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Naked hippie chicks are on my burning list ....er I mean bucket list. :D

I agree seeing Burning Man would be to cool. Let me know i fyou can get extra tickets and when it is. Maybe we could make it.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
My good friend, Abby Ehmann is one of the directors now. Started out just going like anyone else, but got so jazzed up about it that she's part of the crew. She hangs out in the dessert for about a month or so.

If you go, you have to look her up. She's got a website.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'll pass on the Burning Man, but I'm definitely IN on the Hedonism Jamaica idea! :bounce:

Lee

Abby Ehmann (from above) and I dd a fetish party at Hedonism in Jamaica about 6 summers ago... Only had to pay for the ah....illegal substances. We even got Hedonism to pay our air fair, in addition to the comped rooms. What a great week! Indeed, better than burning man...we had access to toilets and showers!!!!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes it is funny how perceptions change as we get older but when I was younger I could of really got into the Burning man. Now camping out is staying in a Motel 8 while a major resort would be a treat.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Well there you go! Most of the art seems to involve nekkid people all painted up and covered in glitter. (The glitter and paint seems to make the more mature art look pretty damn good!)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Me, too! I spent a lot of time last night perusing online pics of the best of the BM art through the years. I would really love to go. (But I noticed that most of the female art seemed to require very extreme waxing.:shock:)