1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
1 cup of pumpkin puree
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup of Canola Oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

For the maple whipped cream:
1 cup of heavy cream
2 tablespoons of maple syrup

In a large bowl, mix together the first 9 pancake ingredients.

In a second, smaller bowl, combine the remaining 5 pancake ingredients.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until everything is moist. DO NOT OVERMIX. It's okay if the batter is a little lumpy.

Preheat griddle to medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a lightly oiled griddle. Turn when edges are done and the pancake browns. Brown the other side. Enjoy!

***Top the pancakes with the maple whipped cream and a little extra syrup. Sprinkle with cinnamon, powdered sugar and walnuts.

Attachments

• breakfast-09232010-1.jpg
    breakfast-09232010-1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 162

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh. My. God!

Mama, those look incredible!!! What a beautiful photo, too!

And all the nice maple flavor touches! Terrific job!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Mama!! Question - how many pancakes/size do you get from the recipe? Because 1 cup is less than a small can of pumpkin. I have about a 1/2 cup pumpkin leftover from my last batch of pancakes. So I was wondering if I could double the recipe. I guess I could freeze the extras.

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Y'all! I made a double batch and DD got the leftovers so I'll have to make some more soon for our freezer.

If I double the recipe, Peeps, I just use a whole can of pumpkin (it's close enough). They freeze beautifully! You can just pop however many frozen pancakes you want in the microwave and heat them up.

I hope you like them, Karen! I'd love to hear your review!

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thanks Y'all! I made a double batch and DD got the leftovers so I'll have to make some more soon for our freezer.

If I double the recipe, Peeps, I just use a whole can of pumpkin (it's close enough). They freeze beautifully! You can just pop however many frozen pancakes you want in the microwave and heat them up.

I hope you like them, Karen! I'd love to hear your review!
Ok thanks. Do you use the small can of solid Libby's (the one that makes 1 pumpkin pie)?