Top Chef Las Vegas

smoke king

Banned
Anybody catch Top Chef Las Vegas? What did you think?

I'm a big fan of Top Chef, but to be honest, after watching Top Chef masters, the participants in TC seem a little amateurish-I could honestly imagine a couple of them spitting in my food!! You could just sense the mutual respect among the "masters", and while that may not make for "good" TV, I sure enjoy seeing it.

I'll keep watching TCLV, but I'll be looking at it a little differently!

And btw, what was with that womans Chile relleno last night?:puke1:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I missed it though it was on, it seems like every member of my family called in that 1 hour. I was asleep by the second showing so will catch it next week in rerun.

I hope they bring the Master back with some other next season as there are a lot of great chef's and cooks out there that could be called Master's.

smoke king

Banned
My wife and I had that very discussion last night Joe-we really enjoyed "masters".

Personally, I just want to see more of Kelly Choi!:wub:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would like to see Emeril, Morimoto, Batali, and Tyler Florance as well as Tom Colicchio compete with some others that are not part of TV. I'm sure this would be intertaining also.

smoke king

Banned
Just got caught up today on episodes I missed (thanks on demand TV)

Maybe I misunderstood, but was that kid actually mocking that womans cancer-and accusing her of "using" it to win a quickfire?!?!

What a class A creep-not only do I hope he gets booted (dosen't seem all that strong anyway) but I'd like to see someone kick his a**!!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Just got caught up today on episodes I missed (thanks on demand TV)

Maybe I misunderstood, but was that kid actually mocking that womans cancer-and accusing her of "using" it to win a quickfire?!?!

What a class A creep-not only do I hope he gets booted (dosen't seem all that strong anyway) but I'd like to see someone kick his a**!!

I have been pretty sporadic in watching this one but man, if somebody talked like that, they should be booted! What a horrible thing for them to say!

High Cheese

Saucier
I'm catching up on the re-runs, but I saw that dude make those comments. Like my old boss used to say "Young, dumb and full of cum." Can't expect much more from that. He's probobly upset cuz that woman could easily kick his ass. lol

I'm pretty impressed with the talent this show brings. I can't watch Hells Kitchen or anything other than Iron Chef on FN anymore.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm feel the same way you do about the talent on this show compared to others such as Hell's Kitchen. A few of these people can really cook on Top Chef. The Top Chef Masters was excellent also and hope the do it again next season. I never could watch more than a show of Hell's Kitchen. I'm a fan of the original version from Japan of Iron Chef but not much on the US version.

smoke king

Banned
There does seem to be a good crop of talent on TC Las Vegas. Seems to me though that the Voltaggio bros, and Jen (the one who works for Eric Ripert) and Kevin are the frontrunners.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
No I missed it completely last night, fell asleep just before it came on.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You'll love it - especially if you have a thing for Padma.

BTW - did you get a nose job, Cheese? It looks very natural.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
She does speak very slowly and deliberately. My sons think it's hot.

They think her scar is hot, too. Do the rest of you guys like Padma's scar? And did you know she is pregnant? And that she was once married to Salman Rushdie, condemned author of the Satanic Verses?

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I just read that they are doing another Top Chef Masters which I really loved.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
She does speak very slowly and deliberately. My sons think it's hot.

They think her scar is hot, too. Do the rest of you guys like Padma's scar? And did you know she is pregnant? And that she was once married to Salman Rushdie, condemned author of the Satanic Verses?

Hell at my age as long as it is over 35 and short of being dead it is hot. :yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Have I told you lately that I love you, Joe? (Says the over 35 year old that is still breathing.)

High Cheese

Saucier
Sorry...her voice is annoying. 100x better then a ditzy cosmetic counter girl tho. Not a fan of the scar, you should show your boys this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzwxmy1TWNM[/ame]

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Have I told you lately that I love you, Joe? (Says the over 35 year old that is still breathing.)

I don't remember FM however as I've gotten older I've had to raise my age standards since I have problems communicating with the ones under 35 years olds. But then I do love you too. :heart:

smoke king

Banned
I saw it and it got my attention. But as long as you keep it within the context of the subject at hand, big deal-I've seen/heard a lot worse on cable.

Oh, and btw, I used to be hot for Padma, until they brought in Kelly Choi for Top Chef masters-now that theres a woman!