Egg wash:
1 Egg
1 TBSP. water

Beat together and set aside.

Icing:
1 C. powdered sugar
1 TBSP. milk
1½ tsp. lemon juice or to taste

1 package (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry sheets (2 count)
Cherry Pie Filling

Heat the oven to 400°F.

Remove pastry sheets from box and paper wrapper.
Allow to thaw 40 minutes.
Cream cheese filling - In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out both sheets of thawed puff pastry to a 12 x 12 inch square.
Cut each sheet into 9 even squares. Then cut a 1 inch border around each square.
Transfer each square to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat and brush the edge border of each square with egg wash.
Place 1 heaping TBSP. of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each square. Then place 1 TBSP. of the cherry pie filling on top.
Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden.
While Danish are baking combine powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice and set aside. This will be the glaze.
Place icing in a small plastic zip bag. Cut a very small amount off one tip of bag.

Once the pastries are cooled gently squeeze bag with icing to drizzle over each square.

picture.php

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They are beautiful, Peep.

But I don't understand about cutting a 1-inch border around each of the 18 squares.

Could you further describe, please?

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
They are beautiful, Peep.

But I don't understand about cutting a 1-inch border around each of the 18 squares.

Could you further describe, please?

Lee

It's so the edges puff up around the filling. That's how it was explained to me.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So you just take the knife and score around the dough without cutting through it?

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
So you just take the knife and score around the dough without cutting through it?

Lee
Yes just cut a shallow square around outside to create a border, brush outside edge with egg wash and you put the filling inside the square. The outside border without the filling weighing it down will be able to puff up. Next time I make them I will try to remember to snap a picture.