Cake Challenges

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Ok....... Im watching Food Network per usual and as usual the competitors cakes arent working out as they want them to. I understand there are variables such as humidity and temeperature. But is it just ME or does it look like half of these folks building thier pieces (cakes) for the first time?

It looks like they havent either practiced their pre-designed cakes or havent taken into account different variables.

That just irks the hell out of me. I practice a food dish I make before I serve it to friends/family. THESE people have $10K in the balance AND future business on the line too!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I don't at all enjoy watching the cake show i think it is the most boring show of them all.

smoke king

Banned
Since cakes are "my thing", I like to watch the "professionals" and how they accomplish some of the things they do. There are some very imaginative and creative pastry chefs out there.

That being said, Sushi you are spot-on. I can understand that sometimes things come up that one wasn't expecting, but temprature and humidity should be taken into account well ahead of time. And just so as to not piss anyone off, I'm not a pastry chef...I don't even work in the food industry, so maybe these things aren't as simple as I think they are.

I can say though, if I were making a cake for a 10K prize, you can be sure I would have made it once or twice ahead of time to work out the bugs!!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Im watching another cake challenge and AGAIN someone did NOT read the damn rules and now has to completely change their cake last minute. There is NO.... ZERO excuse to get into that position. If she was an employee of any business she should have been fired. How in the hell do these people do business!?!?

If they cant things right on international TV and for $10K AND for future business, then I wouldnt trust her with anything.

It just amazes me. :twak:

What a idiot / moron / dumb ass!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm not a competitive person, so these food competitions do nothing for me.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I absolutely HATE this show, and the sooner it's yanked off the air, the better! It's shown way too often - waiting up and monopolizing too much valuable air time.