Fried Parmesan Zucchini Sticks w/chipotle mayo

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup flour
1-1/2 tsp seasoning salt (if using Italian flavored breadcrumbs omit the seasoning salt)
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise , and then into sticks
2 eggs, beaten (might need another egg)
olive oil for frying

Heat oil in fry pan.

In a plastic bag combine dry breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, flour, garlic powder, seasoned slat and pepper.

Dip the zucchini sticks in egg, then shake in the bag with flour/breadcrumbs mixture in the plastic bag.

Fry zucchini in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally.

Drain on paper towels.
Serve immediately.

Chipolte Mayo

1/2 cup mayonnaise (the real stuff here..lol)
2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotle peppers

mix together until blended

1068768590_b8d8473a2f_m.jpg

Deelady

These have always been my favorite since I was a kid!! But no one ever wants to share them with me so I never order them or make them.....that pic is making me want to change my mind!! :D :D

lilylove

YUMMMMY!

I have one Zucchini left in the fridg. Might make a small version of this tonight.

Veggies are good for you!! lol

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Since zucchini holds so much water, should they be patted dry first or does it matter?

Calicolady

I'll share Dee. I like these too. You can have my mayo though.
I'll do a horseradish mayo.

Thanks for the recipe, Bams.

lilylove

So does Paul... it's one of the things that grow well around here.

someone remind me of this recipe again in a few months. Please!!

suziquzie

wish we had an "add to recipe box" feature on here.....
I'm afraid to fill up all sorts of space in Word!

lilylove

I use my OUTLOOK drafts folder and then print the recipes I decide to use when I want to use them...

Paul HATES it...he thinks it slows my computer down. lol... I might save one too many!

This one is worth it though.

suziquzie

I used to print them all right away.... but I ended up buying like 6 3ring binders and TONS of ink.... and never made near 1% of them yet....
So, I got in trouble too...
oops.
:)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
if your afraid of taking up space, just do what i do. go get a usb storage device. i just bought a 2 gig one for less than $10 at walmart.

plus if you have a computer crash, all your recipes are saved. i learned this the hard way.

i also run all my programs like, photoshop,word etc etc off of another drive

sandisk_2gb_titanium_usb_flash_drive.gif

wish we had an "add to recipe box" feature on here.....
I'm afraid to fill up all sorts of space in Word!

I use my OUTLOOK drafts folder and then print the recipes I decide to use when I want to use them...

Paul HATES it...he thinks it slows my computer down. lol... I might save one too many!

This one is worth it though.

Deelady

if your afraid of taking up space, just do what i do. go get a usb storage device. i just bought a 2 gig one for less than $10 at walmart.

plus if you have a computer crash, all your recipes are saved. i learned this the hard way.

i also run all my programs like, photoshop,word etc etc off of another drive

sandisk_2gb_titanium_usb_flash_drive.gif

Bam I did buy one and have saved my recipe files but how do you update the files when you add more info to them??

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Bam I did buy one and have saved my recipe files but how do you update the files when you add more info to them??

the easy way that works for me is to....add to the recipe or the page you saved the recipes to...when you close the recipe or the page, it will/should ask you if you want to keep the changes....click yes

the updates will happen automatically

Deelady

oh so you would have to do it throught the drive as your saving it......bummer I thought there might be a way to just transfer it at a later date.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
oh so you would have to do it throught the drive as your saving it......bummer I thought there might be a way to just transfer it at a later date.

just save the changes to a notepad, label it something like.."changes to 4 cheese manicotti.." then you can edit at a later time