Alton Brown Leaving Food Network?

Shermie

Site Supporter
Did any of you hear about this? I just found out on another cooking forum. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Carolina Cooking

Hey Sherman.

I am a newbie here so I haven't talked to you yet. :)

yes he is. Seems to me he should stay & most of the others should leave. Guess he got fed up with all of them. I think he just has other projects in the works.
I'll watch old re-runs & You Tube.

JMO but I think he looks awful since he lost all that weight.

FN is on its way down with HGTV.. I very rarely even turn it on..Either of them..

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanx.

I only watch it in the morning and early afternoons during the week and on weekends.

At night, forget it! Too many of those blasted challenge shows!!!!! They gotta go!! Especially that Food Network Challenge!! I hate that show with a pure passion something fierce!!

The only ones at night that I like are Diners, Drive-ins & Dives, Chopped and Throwdown. Also, What's the Best Thing You Ate. All those others night shows are the pits!!

Last edited:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Food network is a bust, i watch the PBS reruns now. Lidia's Italy one of my faves.

nunofyerbizness

Actually, he's not leaving Food Network. He stopped doing Good Eats, and has signed a 3 year contract to stay at FN, producing 3 more GE specials in the next year as well as continuing commentary for Iron Chef America (which he just returned from a week of filming), hosting Next Iron Chef, as well as other upcoming projects.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Frankly speaking, outside of Good Eats, which I found to be very helpful and educational, I'm tired of hearing him on ICA!!

His mouth runs over 90mph! I'm so sick of hearing; "gosh-darnit. That phrase comes up so many blasted times. He's also partially doing The Next Food Network Star.

cookingirl

In the 'old' days, I absolutely loved the Food Network! Now it is sooo boring with all of the competitions! who cares! The best part of the FN is in the afternoons when there is someone to watch---someone who actually cooks!
I did enjoy Alton Brown, but the rest of the comps are too much! I want info! not races!! ok--venting----sorry it is just my opinion :whistle:

K

Kimchee

I am glad that he's staying on, he's my favorite... I can relate to the geek in him.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Food network is a bust, i watch the PBS reruns now. Lidia's Italy one of my faves.

:thumb:

I am glad that he's staying on, he's my favorite... I can relate to the geek in him.

The thing that finally turned me into a fan of Alton was the Thanksgiving Deep Fry turkey episode. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E270Qx5OpxU[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLNLYL24qUA&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9mq29BaLLk&feature=related[/ame]

Shermie

Site Supporter
In the 'old' days, I absolutely loved the Food Network! Now it is sooo boring with all of the competitions! who cares! The best part of the FN is in the afternoons when there is someone to watch---someone who actually cooks!
I did enjoy Alton Brown, but the rest of the comps are too much! I want info! not races!! ok--venting----sorry it is just my opinion :whistle:

Amen to that!!!

I hate the concept that they've chosen to go with at night!!!!!! It stinks. :yuk:

Carolina Cooking

I can't stand those comp's shows either None of them. sweat running off their forehead in the food . Plus the food is something that I sure as heck wouldn't even dream of eating. Chopped. Iron Chef etc etc. OH & the cupcake thing LMBO. ya right who cares.. That Next FN Star what a freaking joke. Its fixed anyway. Its for pure entertainment for those who think it is.
Down the road some of them get thier own show anyway.
The only one I have watched is Kelsey on CC.

I watch NOTHING on FN. CC very few .

PBS is the one to watch Ming, Rick B, Lidia, JuliaC, Last sat I saw this irish gal Rebecca bake ,that was really good.

FN is going the way of HGTV. It used to be great to watch, that Gardening Guy Paul James, Crafting, decorating. It nothing now.

Heck I used to watch Martha S. I don't bother with that anymore either. Only Everyday Food on PBS.

I will be waiting to see Ree aka Pioneer Woman tho.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Every once in a while I'll have Food Network on the telly just to see if there is anything of interest.
I love anything with Guy :D
Anne Burrell rocks.
I can live without most of the challenge/comp shows.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I can't stand those comp's shows either None of them. sweat running off their forehead in the food . Plus the food is something that I sure as heck wouldn't even dream of eating. Chopped. Iron Chef etc etc. OH & the cupcake thing LMBO. ya right who cares.. That Next FN Star what a freaking joke. Its fixed anyway. Its for pure entertainment for those who think it is.
Down the road some of them get thier own show anyway.
The only one I have watched is Kelsey on CC.

I watch NOTHING on FN. CC very few .

PBS is the one to watch Ming, Rick B, Lidia, JuliaC, Last sat I saw this irish gal Rebecca bake ,that was really good.

FN is going the way of HGTV. It used to be great to watch, that Gardening Guy Paul James, Crafting, decorating. It nothing now.

Heck I used to watch Martha S. I don't bother with that anymore either. Only Everyday Food on PBS.

I will be waiting to see Ree aka Pioneer Woman tho.

Her blog is sooo funny. I hope she comes across on tv with that same personality. I'll be watching too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Her blog is sooo funny. I hope she comes across on tv with that same personality. I'll be watching too.
I love her blog too Cooksie, and I have to say she is probably my favourite cook when it comes to finding ideas that are so simple and delicious AND different!
She'll be a huge hit.

Mr. Green Jeans

He did a 2-part show on water. DW is a high school chemistry teacher. I bought her the DVD set that contains those episodes of GE. She uses it as a rebuttal for the "I'll never need chemistry" comments.

QuirkyCookery

Yeah, he's leaving Good Eats to pursue some other projects. I understand totally....after all, Good Eats has been around for quite a while....but I hate to see him go. I loved Bill Nye the Science Guy as a kid, so when I saw Good Eats for the first time, it reminded me so much of Bill Nye, but for foodies. Hooked ever since.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've all but given up on watching the Food Network at night. Too many blasted challenge shows!!!