meat from 6 chicken legs
1/4 c chopped cashews
1/4 c chopped dates
2 T chopped onion
1 stalk celery-chopped
1/3 c mayo
1 dash Frank's hot sauce
salt and pepper

Omg this is good! Tried some after it had chilled.
Bought some Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats (round sandwich breads)
This will be perfect for my lunches this week.
I'll add some crisp lettuce leaves as well.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds GREAT. I will try this for sure. :thumb: :D

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sass, that sounds tasty - I have some of those peppered cashews from Costco, which I'm sure would add another dimension. Could maybe use raisins or dried cranberries instead of dates? I would have to go all the way to Puerto Vallarta to get dates, and because of a bridge washout early this morning, doesn't look like I'll be getting to Vallarta anytime soon unless it is by boat.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Gee, I don't know Karen..how can you do a recipe justice if you don't follow it to a T??? Get on the boat, who cares about washed out bridges when food is at stake!!!

I'll bet the peppered cashews and the dried cranberries would be great!

I love those deli flats, too!! Great taste, not a lot of calories!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with Vera on that ... I bet peppered cashews and dried cranberries would be great in that recipe.
I was wondering about the dates anywho ....if I try it with them and don't care for them I might move to dried cranberries myself. :D
Reminds me a little of Arby's market fresh chicken salad offering. It has grapes and apples in it also.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
doc, i'm into cranberry on my own chix salad; i make 1 of my chix salads w/ canned cranberries, usually whole; i follow my appy on that matter. although i'd substitute sliced almonds due 2 allergies.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmmmm I bet those peppered cashews would be good too, as well as the dried cranberries :)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this last night and brought it today for lunch. I like it but could hardly notice the cashews or dates in there. I will add more of those next time (or later tonight to what is left) and it was kinda dry so I added some extra mayo to it.
I like it but I will have to dress it up a little to suit my tastes. Thanks Sass!!!!!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I made this last night and brought it today for lunch. I like it but could hardly notice the cashews or dates in there. I will add more of those next time (or later tonight to what is left) and it was kinda dry so I added some extra mayo to it.
I like it but I will have to dress it up a little to suit my tastes. Thanks Sass!!!!!!
Welcome Doc. Yes, I added more mayo after it had been in the fridge a second day.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
cherries, grapes, dates, raisins/craisins and all nuts will be fair game next time I make this lol