Anne Burrell

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Have any of you watched her show, "Secrets of a Restaurant Chef" ?
I must say, I've learned so much from watching her. She's passionate, fun and has great tips! :clap:

buckytom

Grill Master
she reminds me of an old friend from college who had romantic notions with me, but i just couldn't get past the fact that she could probably kick my butt at the same time.

but i do like her show alright. in small doses. lots of finger licking and everything tasting perfect. but heck, i ain't eating it.

at least it's a real cooking show with some good recipes.

K

Kimchee

She's OK, but I have my doubts on any chef who says SALT is their favorite
spice.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
She has taken over first place in our cooking show preference, replacing the Five-Ingredient Fix girl.......

Guts

I like her shows. Most of the time I must say , it appears that she has a real zest for life and is passionate about what she does. I bet she would make a fun date out on the town, or barhopping.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
I like her too, have thought she was pretty heavy handed with the salt. Now I know why!

abi_csi

Ignorant ?
who?? Kimchee or Ann ?:huh:
No,not you Kimchee.
Sorry that was confusing.
Although I enjoy some of Ann's stuff I just think she is a little ignorant (of other spices) to announce that salt is her favourite, especially with it's health implications, and there are some lovely alternative spices.
Sorry if that was unclear.:biggrin:

K

Kimchee

Watching her show now... She's grilling some peppers, and I LOVE her
description of what she is going to do:

"Put them on the grill and burn the heck out of them."

THAT is good cooking show explanation! Yeah, I do like her, just not her
Salt comment. :biggrin:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
As Emeril says " I don't know where you get your ________ but mine don't come seasoned!" lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I just recently watched her program for the first time, and I must say, I really like her!
Thought it was cool how she opened a bottle of beer with a large kitchen knife :D LOL

Mr. Green Jeans

She does come off as being more of a real person then other hosts. Alton Brown is still my favorite Food Network chef. Then again, I'm a bit of a science geek.

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
I like Anne Burrell and have picked up some great tips. I do wish she'd get a new hairdo though. It was fun for the FIRST FOUR YEARS now it's time for a shag or something. :tongue: Just kidding. Has anyone noticed how she sometimes does this Kermit the Frog thing while talking? Kinda strange. I've never seen her in pants, she always wears skirts. Maybe she's like me and has those tree stump thighs. :D I try not to walk too fast so I don't start a forest fire.

:wow:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
her hair! & no chef wears skirts into the kitchen. drop a pot of soup- u won't wear that again.
& her body languange & attitude- beyond prompted, taught, & faux.
u were the lowest 1 @ one time, now,..... weren't u, anne.
~shudder~

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
guygal.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
LOL Ralph.

I like Anne's hair, I like the way she dresses, I think she's pretty normal and funny compared to some of the other celebrity chefs .

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dislike 'er. the hair is odd, & i have odd- to a few- hair shades, so fer me to say a person's hair is silly..... & chef gear was made to protect u. u won't look pretty in a real-real not made 4 tv kitch'. u'll be sweating, running, swearing, yelling orders, calling orders, in a stained apron, hair hidden in 1 fashion or another,.......

& she growls. why~

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
She does come off as being more of a real person then other hosts.

Fo sho!

I like her and her recipes & She is fun to watch.

Mmhmmm..

I like her, she just seems kind of heavy on the salt.

czech it out..

Demonstrated in this video I believe is a bit of what Squirrel mentioned: the Kermit voice.
:yum::wink:
She also speaks of rubbing her meat, but it's not as offensive as the former butter lovin', bleached out granny... Paula Deen.:encore:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAgPBUVTGEQ[/ame]

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Yup, she wears dresses and skirts with her long hair hanging down whilst cooking.
Have never seen her hair hidden, and she's got plenty of comedic? mouth.
She's a chef, right?

nope. she's a cook. i'm sayin', tv is tv. i like her. she makes me laugh. her bio mentions no training. the basis of her show is cookin' infused w/ entainment.
that anne is too cocky, on a similar tv set, she has a chef name, i think....... yet is mean & only emotional when it means she's gaining a win.
in a real kitch', neither would look that way.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
nope. she's a cook. i'm sayin', tv is tv. i like her. she makes me laugh. her bio mentions no training. the basis of her show is cookin' infused w/ entainment.
that anne is too cocky, on a similar tv set, she has a chef name, i think....... yet is mean & only emotional when it means she's gaining a win.
in a real kitch', neither would look that way.

no, she is a Chef, and a quite accomplished one at that.

Anne W. Burrell (born September 21, 1969) is an American chef, TV personality, and instructor at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City. She is the host of the Food Network show Secrets Of a Restaurant Chef and co-host of Worst Cooks in America, where she is currently undefeated. She is also one of Iron Chef Mario Batali's sous chefs in the Iron Chef America series and appears on other programs on the network such as The Best Thing I Ever Ate. She was a contestant on the fourth season of The Food Network competition show, The Next Iron Chef Super Chefs being eliminated in episode 6. She was also a contestant on the first season of Chopped All-Stars Tournament, winning the "Food Network Personalities" preliminary round to advance to the final round, where she placed second runner up to Nate Appleman (winner) and Aaron Sanchez. Anne is openly lesbian.[2]

After the ICIF experience, Burrell remained in Italy, working in various restaurants for nine months.[3] She worked at La Bottega del '30, a small restaurant in Tuscany with one seating each night.
Burrell returned to the U.S. as a sous chef at Felidia, owned by celebrity chef Lidia Bastianich.[3] The connection with Bastianich would help her career. She became the chef at Savoy, a small prix fixe dining room. After Savoy, Burrell began teaching at the Culinary Institute of America. Lidia Bastianich's son and restaurateur, Joseph Bastianich, and Chef Mario Batali named Burrell the chef for Italian Wine Merchants, their New York wine store.[3] The Batali connection would further propel her career.
She later became the executive chef of Centro Vinoteca, an Italian restaurant in New York City's West Village area which opened in 2007. She left the restaurant in September 2008 due to her busy schedule and many commitments.[7] The departure also meant that she would not start at Gusto Ristorante,[8] as both of the restaurants are part of Mangia Hospitality Group. Burrell planned to open her first restaurant in 2010 in New York City.[9]