Crabbies

Cooksie

Site Supporter
There are all kinds of variations for this recipe all over the internet. I got this version from my m-i-l. For a long time, we thought this was a secret family recipe :lol:. Most people make it with English muffins, but I use sliced baguettes. Very simple, but very good.

crabbie3.jpg

2 baguettes (about 2' long)
7 oz can of crab meat
1/2 stick butter (room temperature)
7 oz jar Old English cheese
2 T mayonnaise
1/2 t garlic salt
1/2 t garlic powder

crabbie1.jpg

Cut the baguettes into 1/2" slices. I had about 2/3 of a baguette left over. Mix everything else together and top each baguette slice. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and put in the freezer until set. Put them in a large baggie and pull out as many as you need.

Place the desired amount of frozen crabbies into a 350 degree oven until the topping begins to get gooey. Finish under the broiler.

This recipe makes about 55 pieces.

crabbie2.jpg

homecook

Great recipe Cooksie!! I've made them with bagels. lol I'm going to try it with the baguettes next time.

Thanks for the reminder!! I make these for NY's Eve.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Kind of like a Crostini to me. I make a lot of different topping I use but will surely try this one Cooksie.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I saw this just before I left for the store and surprise, surprise - all the stuff to make these ended up in my cart! I'm really excited about having these tomorrow while we're waiting for the turkey to be done. Thanks, Cooksie!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great-looking recipe and great-looking pictures, Cooksie!

Nice job!

Recipe is copied and saved.

Lee