Annoying TV Commercial

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
What in God's name was that thing screaming at me?!?!?!?!:yum:

Funny story, my wife before she became a professional gardener worked for the ad firm that came up with the Taco Bell dog. She still has two of the dog dolls.

I think he needs a bigger box...:ohmy:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
They are certainly looking at a demographic much younger than me. I don't like to hear screaming.

AllenOK

I find most commercials to be annoying. Not because of the "hook", plot, whatever. Just the fact that most of them really jack the volume up to blast their message across. My hearing is getting really bad, right at the level for human speech. Whenever some other noise is being produced, I just cannot understand what someone is telling me. Commercials blasting out of the TV do not allow me to hear what the kids or PeppA are trying to tell me.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I like Quizno's, fortunately for them.

I find nothing in that commercial that would motivate me to go there.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I hate the Free Credit Report.com commercial grrrrrrrrrr annoying!!

Also one that I swear to God they purposely run late at night.

It's a furniture outlet..

This loudmouthed idiot comes on repeating NATIONWIDE WAREHOUSE!!! NATIONWIDE WAREHOUSE!!!!

smoke king

Banned
Oooooh the "Toasty torpedo" comercial makes me very uncomfortable!!

And while we're on the subject, what about "Sham-Wow" and "head-on"?? I guess the funny part is that these commercials, no matter how annoying, stick in our head-we are talking about them now aren't we??

My guess is that means the ad agencies did exactly what the mfr. paid them to do.

AllenOK

I'm getting very annoyed with the current slogan for the five-dollar footlong bit from Subway. I don't even EAT there.

The only problem I have with the "Head On" adverts, is what the heck is it for? They won't tell you. All they say is "Apply it directly to your head". For what? Baldness? Acne? Headache? Being stupid?

The guy that does the adverts for Oxy-Clean, (Sham-Wow as well?) is just annoying. I find it really disturbing that he now has a show with another advert announcer, I think it's on the History Channel.....

smoke king

Banned
.I find it really disturbing that he now has a show with another advert announcer, I think it's on the History Channel.....

Yeah AOK, I caught part of that show late last night. Its called "Pitchmen" and I believe it was the Discovery channel. As if a Billy Mays commercial isn't bad enough, now they've dedicated an hour long show to the making of a Billy Mays commercial!!:bonk:

cant forget that stupid annoying singing fillet of fish song. If i wernt a vegetarian already, id become one after seeing that annoying commercial.

What I dont like about any commercial, is that most of them treat us, the viewer, as if we are borderline mentally retarded. Usually presenting statements that they dont back up in their commercial. Therefore, for me, its just listening to their opinion about their own product. Or even worse, when they get a celebrity to plug their product. I know the celebrity was paid a good amount of money to say what they want them to say. And my favorite, are those commercials for any of those exercise equipment products using these actors/actresses/ models with perfect bodies . AS if we are supposed to believe that these people got this way as a result of using their crappy product.

Wow, seems im a little bitter today.

sorry guys, think i need a nap.