Barbara Pool Fenzl

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Anybody know about her?

BARBARA POOL FENZL

Barbara Pool Fenzl, a Certified Culinary Professional (CCP) who studied at Cordon Bleu in London and at Ecole Lenôtre in Paris, is a widely recognized talent in the culinary world. She is a past president of the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP), former board member of the American Institute of Food and Wine, cookbook author, food journalist, and host for the 13-part PBS television series, Savor the Southwest.

Barbara's first love though is teaching, and her renowned cooking school, LES GOURMETTES, which she established in 1983 in Phoenix, serves over 1,200 students a year, and has hosted guest chefs such as Jacques Pépin, Giuliano Bugialli, Paula Wolfert, and Anne Willan.

Barbara, a frequent contributor to Bon Appétit magazine, and former food editor of Southwest Passages and Phoenix Home and Garden magazines, is also the author of Southwest the Beautiful Cookbook (1994), and Savor the Southwest (1999), the companion book to her PBS television series, and Seasonal Southwest Cooking (2005).

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
She is married to an attorney general who was originally from Milwaukee.

Sara Moulton is married to a lawyer, too.

My point: Foodies and Lawyers marry well.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I need to scan a pic or two but I gotta find them first. Since no one else is interested in my ex GF I'll PM them to you. It's good for a laugh.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I just don't think most people know her unless they are avid readers of foodie magazines or live where she made her reputation or love her kind of cuisine. She really has made a pretty big name for herself in the foodie world but you have to be plugged in a bit to know.