Anne Burrell

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
POOP!

Luvs, I think I miss understood, you are referring to Nadia, not Anne, I was turned around. my bad.

Nadia has been quite the hit online for years, I was happy to see the transition to TV for her, but she pours it on pretty thick. I can take it in small doses though.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I watched some of Worst Cooks in America the other night. I think the show has to be rigged because some of the contestants' ingnorance in the kitchen is beyond what I find believable.

I do like Anne Burrell, but that hair just seems to get wilder and wilder as time goes by. In fact, I'm pretty sure she has a cockatoo in her dressing room telling her how to style her hair :yum::

jXxBPrSA.jpeg

170px-Sulphur_Crested_Cockatoo_Nov10.jpg

Sweep it up on the sides, Anne
Sweep it up on the sides

Make it pointy on top, Anne
Make it pointy on top

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I watched some of Worst Cooks in America the other night. I think the show has to be rigged because some of the contestants' ingnorance in the kitchen is beyond what I find believable.

I do like Anne Burrell, but that hair just seems to get wilder and wilder as time goes by. In fact, I'm pretty sure she has a cockatoo in her dressing room telling her how to style her hair :yum::

jXxBPrSA.jpeg

170px-Sulphur_Crested_Cockatoo_Nov10.jpg

Sweep it up on the sides, Anne
Sweep it up on the sides

Make it pointy on top, Anne
Make it pointy on top

Flock of Seagulls anyone?
lol

Shermie

Site Supporter
She once got herself in hot water for making a racist remark against gay people. Forgot what it was though. :yuk:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
She once got herself in hot water for making a racist remark against gay people. Forgot what it was though. :yuk:

Since Anne's a lesbian, wouldn't that be like a black person calling another black person the "n" word? You sure it was Anne or maybe you were thinking about Paula Deen?

I like her on TV, wouldn't want to work with or for her because she would drive me up a wall and we'd end up butting heads. We've liked to loved every recipe of hers that we've tried and there have been quite a few. She does look heavy handed with the salt sometimes, but I haven't found that to be the case with her recipes.

I don't know about all those people being that dumb. Maybe some of it is for the show, whether it's the producers or the contestants themselves, but our DD could easily have been a contestant on that show back in her mid 20s. I am not kidding or exaggerating about that in any way whatsoever. Her cooking skills consisted of using the microwave to reheat leftovers that Craig and/or I had cooked, cook frozen dishes, make rice and browned ground beef with mojo mixed in, and scrambled eggs and toast. That was her repertoire. I am NOT kidding.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I can't see her making any offensive remarks.
She's out there, to be sure, but within her own self, not to bring offense to others.
By the way, is she even on cooking programs now?
I don't watch them like I used to.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I can't see her making any offensive remarks.
She's out there, to be sure, but within her own self, not to bring offense to others.
By the way, is she even on cooking programs now?
I don't watch them like I used to.

Worst Cooks. The last episode for this season will be Sunday.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Since Anne's a lesbian, wouldn't that be like a black person calling another black person the "n" word? You sure it was Anne or maybe you were thinking about Paula Deen?

I already know about that one.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Anne Burrell worked alongside Mario Batali on Iron Chef America as his sous chef before hosting several of her own shows on Food Network, but it seems the two celebrity chefs have more in common than that show. In 2009, she was sued for discriminating against female employees at Centro Vinoteca, a West Village restaurant where she used to be a chef.
According to the lawsuit, Burrell was accused of calling the plaintiffs, who were all women, a string of derogatory, and often sexually degrading names. She also reportedly made remarks about their cleavage, and is said to have openly commented on their sex lives.
The lawsuit also alleges that only female staff were treated in this manner. When they complained, Burrell allegedly had them fired. Although a settlement was reached in that case, Burrell has not commented on the validity of the accusations. Details of the settlement are not available.**

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/113094/biggest-scandals-ever-hit-food-network/?utm_campaign=clip

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It was Guy Fieri who made the homophobic remark.

The story I read on that was from 2011.
Reportedly he said interviewing a gay couple/restaurant owners would make him uncomfortable "weird me out".
Whether or not he actually said that, who knows?

Johnny West

dislike 'er. the hair is odd, & i have odd- to a few- hair shades, so fer me to say a person's hair is silly..... & chef gear was made to protect u. u won't look pretty in a real-real not made 4 tv kitch'. u'll be sweating, running, swearing, yelling orders, calling orders, in a stained apron, hair hidden in 1 fashion or another,.......

& she growls. why~

Agreed. My son treat his staff with respect but if someone messes up they are spoken to in private, with witness, and he lays it on the line. He is bald.