gas grill cleaning tips

PanchoHambre

Score one for Panch and the block.... the nouveau-riche plumber that just built the mega-house down the block decided to chuck his one season old gas grill because they are too darn lazy to clean it and "its not a good one" fortunately my buddy and I got it before the scrappers did so now we have a gas grill to add to our arsenal. It's the basic 3 burner brinkman with the a 4th side burner (never used) the thing is in perfect shape as I think they bought for their 4th of july party but its pretty gross inside.

I have never had a gas grill because I am really a charcoal fan but it will come in handy in winter and after work etc to not have to build a fire. What should I use to clean the burners? Oven Cleaner? Is there something less toxic that will work easy?

Hell it's not the best grill but it's $200 bucks new and 2 months old so I consider it a score.

Lefty

Yank
Oven cleaner. Simple green makes a grill cleaner that works very good.

I will fire up my grill each fall and get the temp up pretty high and turn it off. I then blast it all over with oven clean, let it sit for an hour and hit it with the hose. Looks new and little to no scrubbing at all.

Edit, You may want to move the grates around so you can spray the lower regions of the grill. I tepee my grates so I can spray them and still get down under.

K

Kimchee

And invest in a cover for the grill; it will add years to the life of the cooker!!!!
Always check periodically that spiders and such haven't taken up residence in your
gas supply tubes where they meet the burners.

High Cheese

Saucier
I just scrape the inside of mine with a metal paint scraper and put the goo in an old box. When all the big stuff is off I spray it down with Greased Lightning at 100%. Snap on some rubber gloves and brush the insides, then rinse with a hose. When the inside is done I clean the outside only scrubbing the stainless in the direction of the grain. Go to Walmart or something and get some different brushes that you can just toss when your done.

When it's all clean I light it up and set it all burners on high for 15 minutes to burn anything else off.

It's definately beer drinking work. Have some dogs ready to go when your done, I always get hungry after cleaning mine.

PanchoHambre

It's definately beer drinking work. Have some dogs ready to go when your done, I always get hungry after cleaning mine.

LOL all outdoor work is beer drinking work IMO... maybe that's why my garden is so halfassed:bonk:

thanks for the tips yall I think the thing will come in handy even though my brother is accusing me of sacrilege! no time for it this weekend but next weekend time to get some brushes and get dirty.... my bud even has a tank as he just scrapped his broken grill (and stole my fire pit) so the whole thing is a free which is nice because I just had to sink $350 into my car and have to spend another $300 in the next few weeks so my smoker purchase is put off yet again.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Use a paper click to clean out the holes. You'll be good for another year.

Don't forget to buy that smoker - you won't be sorry....

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Got any liquid oxygen? That should do the trick! :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBLr_XrooLs[/ame]