Thai Peppers

DanMcG

A friend in Thailand sent me some bird pepper seeds this past winter which I've been tending to daily ever since. And after 5 months of babysitting them I got some fruits.
Thought I'd share them with ya.
403546784.jpg

403546795.jpg

And a close up, the largest is about a 1/2" tall.
403546783.jpg

I have a funny felling they might be hot....
thanks for lookin

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Keep 'em going. We get the decorative ones, already with peppers for like $15 bucks

scaled.php

They pack some ass, so use with caution!!

Leni

They be very hot so handle with care. Use gloves and DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES. One of those guys would be enough for a whole pot of chili.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
They be very hot so handle with care. Use gloves and DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES. One of those guys would be enough for a whole pot of chili.

AND WASH UP BEFORE GOING TO THE BATHROOM, Even if you DO wear gloves!

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Beautiful plant!

I don't wanna take credit, that is just a stock photo to show an example of how full/lush they can become. you get a lot of bang for the buck.

When tending to the plant, remember to prune about the second node, and that for every clip you make, 2 new sprouts will form. They can make a nice, compact little bush of densely packed peppers.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I don't wanna take credit, that is just a stock photo to show an example of how full/lush they can become. you get a lot of bang for the buck.

When tending to the plant, remember to prune about the second node, and that for every clip you make, 2 new sprouts will form. They can make a nice, compact little bush of densely packed peppers.

Oh ok! lol that's ok. It's still beautiful! :)

Leni

I grew a pepper from Tailand called Ot. Beautiful thing. The foliage was a deep purple green. Flowers had lavender tips fading to white centers. The peppers were about a 1/2" long and a deep red when ripe. Those little suckers would take the top of your head off. If you touched any part of your body after touching them it was pure pain.

Right now I am growing a Japanese pepper called Old Man. It's a keeper. The seeds are where the heat is and it is mild. The flesh is not hot but has a terrific flavor. I have four bushes going. If anyone wants seeds just let me know. We can make arrangements to get them to you.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would like some of the Old Man pepper seeds, Leni (had to phrase that carefully!)

I will PM you my address.

Thanks!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Have you tried any of those peppers yet Dan? How hot are they?

Leni

Looking good there Dan. The 100+ temps we've had here has just about done everything in. I'm watering every day but still the plants are wilting.