Chicken Adobo

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
This is a classic Phillipino dish. I stayed fairly true to it in poaching the chicken first in a soy and vinegar mixture, and then finish it on the grill for a nice crispy skin. Reserve the poaching liquid and reduce a bit to drizzle over the meal while serving. This chicken is best served over rice with the pan sauce. It’s bone-in chicken, so yeah, you’ll be using your fingers, but it’s great!

Chicken Adobo

Ingredients

1 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Cup water
3/4 cup Rice Vinegar (or white vinegar)
2 Bay Leaves
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp ground Black pepper
1 Chicken, cut up to individual pieces
2 cups cooked rice

Procedures

In a large skillet, add all ingredients except chicken. Stir well and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add all chicken and reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn chicken once halfway through cook time.

As chicken is simmering, start your grill or your broiler. Once chicken has simmered for 20 minutes, remove pan. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, turn heat up on pan to bring sauce back to boil. Now boil sauce until it has reduced by 1/4”. Once it has done so, reserve and keep warm.

Next, grill or broil chicken 5-8 minutes per side (10-16 minutes total). Remove from grill or broiler. On a plate, make a bed of rice. Drizzle some pan sauce over rice, then add chicken. Drizzle more pan sauce over chicken and rice, then serve.

Start with a whole chicken.
Step_1-14.jpg

Cut it up!
Step_2-14.jpg

Poach in the sauce.
Step_3-11.jpg

Grill it after poaching for a crispy skin.
Step_4-10.jpg

Step_5-8.jpg

Serve over rice with reduced pan sauce.
Step_6-7.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
very nice bro.

we both made chicken tonight...whats on the menu tomorrow night?..lmao

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
very nice bro.

we both made chicken tonight...whats on the menu tomorrow night?..lmao

Let's Iron Chef it! Name the ingredient, and we'll both go for it!!! :yum:

Seriously, why not? I got no clues to tomorrow at this point! Soooo, why not! :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Let's Iron Chef it! Name the ingredient, and we'll both go for it!!! :yum:

Seriously, why not? I got no clues to tomorrow at this point! Soooo, why not! :thumb:

i am actually going to make smoked chicken lasagna with my leftovers..either tomorrow or sunday

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
i am actually going to make smoked chicken lasagna with my leftovers..either tomorrow or sunday

Crap! I was afraid you'd say that. I showed DW that video and she wants me to make it as well.

Sooooooooo........is that what we should do tomorrow? The smoked chicken lasagna?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Crap! I was afraid you'd say that. I showed DW that video and she wants me to make it as well.

Sooooooooo........is that what we should do tomorrow? The smoked chicken lasagna?

better make it sunday... got to much shopping to do tomorrow..lol

tomorrows secret food... macaroni & cheese..lol

up for it?..lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Talking to DW, she wants the lasagna tomorrow. So I'll make the smoked lasagna tomorrow. I'll post my best efforts when I'm done.

DW says it's "time" now, so we'll chat more tomorrow! Sleep well!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Talking to DW, she wants the lasagna tomorrow. So I'll make the smoked lasagna tomorrow. I'll post my best efforts when I'm done.

DW says it's "time" now, so we'll chat more tomorrow! Sleep well!

night go nowwwwwwwwwwww..lol

heb1976

i am making this right now! it smells amazing!!! i mean seriously amazing! i didnt have any bay leaves and i used red wine vinegar rather then white vinegar because it was all i had - but wow! getting ready to take it out of the pot to broil. downpour here so i cannot grill it! i will be back to let you know how it tastes - and share some pics!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
i am making this right now! it smells amazing!!! i mean seriously amazing! i didnt have any bay leaves and i used red wine vinegar rather then white vinegar because it was all i had - but wow! getting ready to take it out of the pot to broil. downpour here so i cannot grill it! i will be back to let you know how it tastes - and share some pics!!

Excellent! I hope you like it. It does smell great, and the sauce is incredible. Make sure to pour some sauce over your rice and chicken when serving. :thumb:

heb1976

ok ... the meal was really good. the chicken was awesome - had 3 pieces. the rice with the sauce was just ok for me. it was a little bitter. hubby and justin loved it. i added some sugar to the rice and sauce mixture and it tasted much better. maybe it was the red whine vinegar instead of white - i don't know. i also made some brocolli for me and brocolli, cauliflower & carrots for hubby and justin. i will definitely be making it again tho. hubby says it is a keeper. thanks keltin!!

Attachments

• Dsc_4577-reize.jpg
    Dsc_4577-reize.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Dsc_4580-resize.jpg
    Dsc_4580-resize.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Dsc_4581-resize.jpg
    Dsc_4581-resize.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 147